Flint Village

It's a common sentiment that the university apartments aren't worth as much as they cost. However, many students feel that their convenient location is worth shelling out a bit more.
Flint Village, located directly across from Park Hall, is only a three-minute walk from the Spine. Although it doesn't have a gym like Hadley, it's also only a 10-15 minute walk from Alumni Arena.
The apartments themselves are passable – certainly not luxurious, but not decrepit either. One of the best things about living on campus is that if anything breaks, there are maintenance workers who can fix it. However, the wait for these services in Flint can vary from several hours to several weeks.
Another problem students can run into is the issue of noise control.
'The first floor gets kind of noisy; there are no restraints on that, so I find myself going to Capen to get work done,' said Katie Pecora, a senior dance major. '[But] it's clean and convenient.'
Like Hadley, the apartments are somewhat small for four people, but the only real issue is with the kitchen. Flint Village has the smallest of the three kitchens, leaving tenants with only enough room for two people to cook at a time. There are not enough cabinets to store everyone's food and utensils, and there is only one drawer for everyone to share. Many students have to purchase extra shelving or store non-perishables on top of the fridge, on counters or even in the living room.
Overall, the Flint apartments are fine for the two or three years students will be living in them. The convenience of living on campus is the real draw and is often enough to tip the scales in the apartments' favor.

E-mail: features@ubspectrum.com