UB Police blotter 4/5/16 – 4/11/16

Did you make this week’s blotter?

<p></p>

All information according to University Police.

4/5

7:32 a.m. – A UB employee reported a suspicious vehicle in the Sherman parking lot. The vehicle was reported to be running and had a jacket over the steering wheel. Patrol reported that everything checked out OK.

4/6

5:26 p.m. – A UB student reported losing his wallet, which contained his driver’s license, debit cards and $500 in cash. The student believes he may have lost his wallet somewhere between the Crossroads Culinary Center bus stop at Moody Terrace and the Student Union. UB lost and found and First Transit could not locate the wallet.

9:07 p.m. – An individual reported seeing someone under the bridge of the Audubon Parkway near Greiner Hall possibly spray painting. They believed they saw a blue can of spray paint. Patrol arrested one individual.

4/7

2:10 a.m. – A caller stated that she and a coworker were working in the Statler Food Commissary when they both became nauseated. They refused medical care but requested an officer. Patrol requested an ambulance be dispatched for one of the victims upon arrival. One of the ovens in the commissary was not venting properly and facilities detected carbon monoxide. A second ambulance was dispatched for the second victim.

4/8

12:24 a.m. – A UB employee reported there was a man with a dog on the first floor of Crosby Hall. The caller stated that the dog ran toward him and he put his foot up to stop the dog. The dog was a small white poodle type. The subject advised patrol that the dog was a “service dog in training” but failed to provide proper documentation.

7:45 a.m. – A UB employee reported a female with a cut hand was yelling, swearing and “acting out of control.” Patrol reported that the individual appeared to have a cut on her hand but refused any medical assistance.

12:50 p.m. – A UB employee reported a suspicious person in the break room of the Biomedical Research Building. The employee approached the subject and asked him if he needed help but the subject did not reply. The subject headed into the stairwell closest to Harriman Hall. Patrol reported the subject was gone on arrival.

4/9

11:36 a.m. – A student reported a suspicious box in Cooke Hall with the words “Mercury Poison” written on the side. Patrol reported that the box contains projector slides and the student will follow up with Environmental Heath and Safety services.

4/10

3:18 p.m. – A victim reported his headphones and $200 cash were taken from his room in Clinton Hall.

5:27 p.m. – Patrol reported hearing screaming coming from outside the UPD booking area. Patrol checked the area of Webster Road near UB stadium and observed a male kneeling on the ground yelling and a female walking away. Patrols identified the two subjects as UB students and reported no physical injuries to either party. The subjects reported the argument was over a food disagreement and that they did not wish to pursue harassment charges.

4/11

9:27 a.m. – A UB grounds worker reported an injured goose on St. Rita’s Lane near the dead end. Patrol reported the goose had a broken wing. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals told patrol if the goose can be contained they will come get it. It is unclear what happened to the goose.

3:24 p.m. – The father of a UB student requested a welfare check on his son due to not being in contact with him for a month. The Spaulding staff reported speaking with the subject’s roommate who reported the subject was at the gym. The roommate said he will deliver the message and agreed to let the subject use his phone to call his father.

The news desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com.