International Fiesta will return to the CFA on Saturday

International Fiesta will return for the first time since 2020 with a “revival” theme

<p>Members of the Latin American Student Association celebrate after winning International Fiesta in February 2020.&nbsp;</p>

Members of the Latin American Student Association celebrate after winning International Fiesta in February 2020. 

From domestic violence to bullying and suicide, UB’s International Fiesta has been a platform for UB’s cultural organizations to bring awareness to pressing social issues through the art of dance. 

Hosted by the Student Association, the annual competition will return Saturday at the Center for the Arts for the first time since its COVID-19-related cancellation in 2021. This year’s theme is “revival.”

In the past, the competition has drawn an audience of 1,500, selling out the CFA mainstage theater. 

Previous winners of the competition include the Latin American SA in 2020, the Korean SA in 2019 and the Indian SA in 2018.

Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the competition will begin at 7 p.m. The event is free to UB undergrads.

Kara Anderson is a senior arts editor and can be reached at kara.anderson@ubspectrum.com

KARA ANDERSON
4D1A0502.jpg

Kara Anderson is a senior arts editor at The Spectrum. She is an English and Spanish double major and is pursuing a certificate in creative writing. She enjoys baking chocolate chip cookies, procrastinating with solitaire and binging reality TV on the weekends.