UB announces 33rd annual Distinguished Speakers Series

No student choice speakers announced Tuesday for series

<p>Nyle DiMarco, deaf activist and winner of “America’s Next Top Model” and “Dancing with the Stars,” will speak at Alumni Arena on Oct. 23 as part of this year's Distinguished Speakers Series.</p>

Nyle DiMarco, deaf activist and winner of “America’s Next Top Model” and “Dancing with the Stars,” will speak at Alumni Arena on Oct. 23 as part of this year's Distinguished Speakers Series.

UB announced the 33rd annual Distinguished Speakers Series, with none of the speakers labeled as a “student-choice speaker,” which has been a longtime staple for the series.

The series, announced on Tuesday, will headline Nyle DiMarco, deaf activist and winner of “America’s Next Top Model” and “Dancing with the Stars,” on Oct. 23 at Alumni Arena. The series will close out with Jeff Corwin, the host of “Ocean Mysteries,” renowned conservationist and environmental journalist, on April 1 at the Center for the Arts. UB announced five total speakers for this year’s series.

Other speakers include Maggie Haberman, New York Times White House correspondent and Pulitzer Prize Winner, on Nov. 14 at the CFA, Yusuf Salaam, Criminal Justice Advocate and member of the Central Park Five, on Feb. 24 at Alumni Arena and Daymond John, “Shark Tank” investor, entrepreneur and FUBU CEO, on March 11 at the CFA. 

Tickets will be available for purchase beginning Sep. 25 and can be purchased in-person or online. Tickets for DiMarco and Salaam will be available at the Alumni Arena Box office and tickets for Haberman, John and Corwin will be available at the CFA box office. All speakers are scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.

Brittany Gorny is the senior news editor and can be reached at brittany.gorny@ubspectrum.com and on Twitter @BrittanyUBSpec.

BRITTANY GORNY

Brittany Gorny is the senior news editor.