Tuesday, May 07, 2024

A. Scott Weber appointed as interim provost

Vice President for Student Life will serve as interim provost starting Oct. 1

<p>Vice President for Student Life A. Scott Weber will serve as UB’s interim provost upon Charles Zukoski’s departure on Oct. 1.</p>

Vice President for Student Life A. Scott Weber will serve as UB’s interim provost upon Charles Zukoski’s departure on Oct. 1.

Vice President for Student Life A. Scott Weber will serve as UB’s interim provost and vice president of Academic Affairs, President Satish Tripathi announced at the UB Council meeting on Monday.

Weber, who has served as vice president for Student Life since Jan. 3, 2017, was appointed interim provost while the international search begins for a new provost. Charles Zukoski, the outgoing provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs, announced he is leaving UB on Aug. 28, after serving at the university for seven years. 

Weber has served as UB’s senior vice provost for Academic Affairs and chair for the department of civil, structural and environmental engineering for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Weber said he is committed to ensuring a “smooth transition” in the position and is looking forward to working closely with the deans as he did in the past.

“As vice president for Student Life, I am a member of the president’s cabinet, which provides me with a very broad understanding of the university’s academic and administrative operations,” Weber wrote in an email.

Zukoski’s departure came immediately following UB’s announcement to increase the stipend floor for Ph.D. students to $20,000 for the 2019-20 academic year. 

Brittany Gorny is the senior news editor and can be reached at brittany.gorny@ubspectrum.com and on Twitter @BrittanyUBSpec.

BRITTANY GORNY

Brittany Gorny is the senior news editor.