Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Police blotter

Did you make this week’s blotter?

<p></p>

2/11

3:17 a.m. A woman stopped a UPD officer on patrol to report someone robbed her of $60 at the M&T bank on Kenmore Ave. She said the subject was an older man wearing brown pants and a brown jacket. UPD filed a report and escorted the woman.

3:23 a.m. A UB student requested medical transport to the hospital. UPD filed a report.

2/12

12:43 p.m. A caller reported a vehicle struck a light post in Richmond parking lot. A truck hit the pole during salting operations earlier in the morning. UPD reported the post was removed and electrical wires were capped. 

3:11 p.m. A student reported someone stole her jeans out of the Clinton Hall laundry room. She told UPD she waited to see if they would be returned. UPD filed a report.

2/13

12:29 a.m. A CA reported a marijuana complaint in Hadley Village. Patrol arrived and the subject stated they had smoked earlier and no longer had marijuana on their person. UPD turned the issue over to Campus Housing.

9:07 p.m. A caller reported a natural gas smell where Cooke Hall, Hochstetter Hall and the Natural Sciences Complex meet. Patrol arrived and notified facilities. Facilities checked and cleared the buildings.

9:29 p.m. A student reported their phone was stolen in Spaulding Quadrangle. UPD filed a report.

2/14

12:51 p.m. A woman reported her belongings were stolen from an unlocked locker in the Alumni Arena locker room. UPD took her information. The woman called UPD back to report she found her items in a different locker. 

2/15

9:25 a.m. A manager reported a male without proper ID was in the Clark Hall gym and would not leave. Patrol arrived and ID’d the man. He was not affiliated with UB and was escorted out of the building.

4:18 p.m. A caller reported a male possibly dislocated his leg in the Alumni Arena triple gym. The person was transported to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. 

4:49 p.m. Ellicott pro-staff called to report a student was requesting medical transport after hitting his head on a door. The victim never lost consciousness and he was transported to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.

2/16

1:05 a.m. An RA reported three students smoking marijuana in Clement Hall. UPD arrived and confiscated one blunt and issued two Student Conduct Advocacy reports.

4:32 p.m. Amherst PD reported a UB bus was in an accident. APD reported the driver ran over a barrier and smashed the door. UPD arrived to provide assistance.

2/17

6:25 a.m. A caller reported a UB bus hit a street sign on Flint Road by the Center for Tomorrow. UPD filed a report and a maintenance referral.

11:05 p.m. A caller reported two students smoking marijuana in Clement Hall. Patrol confiscated the marijuana and filed a report. Campus Housing handled discipline, the report said.