UB names Tom Tiberi as new Campus Living director

Tiberi took his new position as Campus Living director on March 12

After a national search, UB has named Tom Tiberi as the university’s new director for Campus Living, effective March 12.

In his new role, Tiberi will oversee management and planning for UB’s 13 residence halls and five apartment complexes.

Vice President of Student Life A. Scott Weber announced the decision in an email to faculty at the beginning of the month.

Tiberi is moving from campus life director, a role he’s held since 2011, where he oversaw student clubs and organizations, Greek life, club sports and the Intercultural and Diversity Center.

He relieved interim Campus Living director Elizabeth Lidano, who took over in August after former director Andrea Costantino, resigned amid a criminal investigation for embezzlement. Costantino was found guilty of embezzling $14,000 in state funds through her position in Campus Living in December.

Phyllis Floro will act as interim director of Campus Life while the university begins its search for a replacement.

“Tom brings a wide array of experience and insight to his new role at UB, including more than 20 years of internal and external residential campus living experience,” Weber said in an email to faculty.

Tiberi started his career in Campus Living at UB as a resident hall director in 1992, then left for a position as resident director at Rochester Institute of Technology for several years as a resident director before coming back to UB in 1997, Weber said.

Sarah Crowley is the senior news editor and can be reached at sarah.crowley@ubspectrum.com and @crowleyspectrum.