UB police blotter 9/23/16- 9/28/16

Did you make this week’s blotter?

<p></p>

All information is according to university police. 

9/23

1:27 a.m.

A UB cleaner reported a suspicious person on the third floor of Capen Library. The report said the woman looks around 60 years old with braids in her hair and is believed to be homeless. She has been seen with five to six bags with her and the reporter said she has made a mess before in the library. Police were unable to confirm the reports.

9/24

7:36 p.m.

A group of students tore down part of a tree and set it on fire in a barrel. Police instructed the students to put the fire out.

11:05 p.m.

A student reported a possibly injured goose outside of Capen Hall near the bike racks. Police did not find the goose upon arrival at the scene.

9/27

5:07 p.m.

A man was caught shoplifting at CVS in the Commons and was taken into police custody.

6:53 p.m.

Police saw a suspicious person going through dumpsters on Allen Hall grounds. Police escorted him off campus.

9/28

4:03 p.m.

Police reported a suspicious person behind Hayes Hall on South Campus. The person was seen trying to get into Wende Hall, but when the door was locked, he walked away.

12:11 p.m.

A student reported his friend knocking over tea onto his laptop in the Student Union. The friend did not want to pay retribution for the laptop. Police determined it was unintentional and not a crime and the student was advised to go to small claims court.

4:21 a.m.

Buffalo VA Medical Center police reported a robbery on the sidewalk near Diefendorf Lot and Diefendorf Hall. The suspects took $50 from the victim. The two suspects are described as teen males, one in dark clothes and one in light clothes, headed towards Main Street. One suspect wore a hockey mask.

News desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com