UB Police blotter 1/19/16 – 1/26/16

Did you make this week’s blotter?

<p></p>

All information according to University Police

1/19

10:42 a.m. – Patrol reported multiple tire tracks on the berms of the Spaulding and Richmond parking lots. Patrol spotted a dark pickup driving over berms.

6:13 p.m. – A UB employee reported a patron’s wallet had been stolen while he or she was running on the track. The patron called his or her wife and discovered he or she had left the wallet at home.

1/20

5:15 p.m. – A UB employee reported that an alarm was ringing in Farber Hall. Environmental services were called and the alarm stopped ringing.

10:16 p.m. – A UB student phoned UPD multiple times from Hadley Village, stating that she needed help. The student was heard telling someone to “get out” before disconnecting the calls. The student needed assistance gaining entry into her apartment.

1/21

8:38 a.m. – A UB employee reported a former applicant had been making false accusations to the UB Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion for a position she interviewed for. The accusations had been happening since August 2015.

2:43 p.m. – A UB employee reported hearing a man yelling in the area of Main Circle. Patrols could not track down his whereabouts.

7:57 p.m. – A UB student reported a young male was following her. She noticed the male separate from a group of “juveniles” when she was in University Station.

1/22

2:30 a.m. – Patrol reported a DWI on Bailey Avenue and Main Street near South Campus.

8:05 a.m. – A UB employee reported her vehicle was struck in Farber Hall lot. Patrol checked area cameras for evidence.

3:30 p.m. – Patrol reported a disabled motor vehicle on Skinnersville Road near Beacon Park.

1/24

2:40 a.m. – Patrol reported reckless operation of a tan 4-door sedan traveling southbound in the northbound lane on Coventry Road near Millersport Highway.

4:41 a.m. – Patrol reported a DWI at Main Street and Custer Street.

12:03 p.m. – A resident adviser (RA) requested assistance with a marijuana complaint. Patrol reported the student did not provide consent to search the room but did admit to smoking a cigarette.

1/25

3:21 p.m. -- An RA reported a UB student living in Porter Quad was receiving harassing messages from an ex-girlfriend, who is also a UB student. Patrol reports the girlfriend may have returned to China. The messages were sent via Skype.

7:47 p.m. – A community assistant reported the smell of smoke coming from a building in South Lake Village. Patrols reported a burnt out belt from the first floor laundry washer was causing the smoke.

1/26

5:01 p.m. – A UB student reported her front license plate was removed from her vehicle and jammed under her front tire. Patrols filed a criminal mischief report.

The news desk can be reached at news@ubspecrum.com.