UB police blotter 10/13/15 - 10/18/15

Did you make blotter this week?

<p></p>

All information according to University Police

10/13

2:50 a.m. – A caller reported someone had urinated in his or her garbage can. Patrol verified there was urine in the garbage can as well as unknown ashes in other garbage cans located near the one with urine in it.

11:11 a.m. – A student reported her Adderall, license and cell phone were stolen in the Silverman Library while unattended on Oct. 5.

1:58 p.m. – SUNYBuffalo State Police reported they had Michael Castro in custody. Castro has a warrant for his arrest from University Police. Buffalo State Police transferred Castro to city lockup.

6:06 p.m. – A student reported there were two males and one female outside of his or her dorm window on the first floor of Clinton Hall. The student stated the same group had been outside of the student’s dorm the previous night smoking marijuana and tapping on the student’s window. Patrol reported no marijuana odor or smoke when they arrived. The group had met at that location before getting dinner.

9:16 p.m. – A male injured at the Alumni Arena Triple Gym requested patrol after a possible concussion from playing basketball. The victim refused medical transport.

11:04 p.m. – Two individuals reported a domestic dispute they were involved in in the Red Jacket parking lot. Neither party wanted to pursue criminal charges. Student Wide Judiciary (SWJ) paperwork was issued to both individuals.

10/14

3:44 p.m. – A UB employee from the counseling center in Richmond reported a highly intoxicated female was passed out in the waiting room. An ambulance transported the female to ECMC for treatment.

6:21 p.m. – A student reported while he was in Lockwood Library an unknown male with a beard, a “Rasta Bob Marley” hat, black sweatshirt and jeans asked to sit down with him. The student stated he stepped away briefly and when he came back his backpack was gone. Patrol was dispatched to look for the described individual.

11:20 p.m. – A resident adviser (RA) reported smelling marijuana outside of a dorm room in Fargo Quad. Patrol confiscated the marijuana from the student found and issued SWJ paperwork.

10/15

1:08 p.m. – A student reported an individual was roaming around Crosby Hall. The student didn’t believe the individual was a UB student and stated the individual was approaching girls and asking if they had a boyfriend.

10:03 p.m. – A fire alarm was activated in Wilkeson Quad. Patrols were dispatched and Amherst Fire was notified. Patrol reported a dryer in the laundry area was smoking.

10/16

12:09 a.m. – An RA requested medical assistance for a male. The RA stated it was a possible alcohol overdose. The male was transported to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.

8:15 a.m. – A student reported he received an email from his own email account threatening his life. The student believes he may have accidentally left his computer logged on when he left the library.

10/17

1:44 p.m. – An RA from Roosevelt Complex reported finding knives in a room during inspection. Patrol reported the items were not knives.

10/18

12:42 a.m. – Pro-staff requested a welfare check on a UB student who was having suicidal thoughts. The student was transported to ECMC.

The news desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com.