Candidates for SA elections announced

The candidates for the upcoming Student Association elections have been finalized. This year’s election for president, vice president and treasurer will be between the Unity and Clarity parties.

The Unity Party features Minahil Khan, a junior political science and communication major and UB Council student representative, as its presidential candidate. Sean Kaczmarek, a junior political science and economics major as well as Special Interests Services and Hobbies (SISH) Council coordinator, is the vice presidential candidate. Joe Pace, a junior aerospace and mechanical engineering major and Engineering Council coordinator, is the party’s treasurer candidate.

Thomas Van Doran, a junior history major who has been a member of Schussmeisters for three years, will run as the Clarity Party presidential candidate. The vice presidential candidate for the Clarity party is Tim Martin, a junior legal studies and history major and technical assistant for the CIT Help Desk. David Perl, a junior political science major who is involved in the Hillel of Buffalo, is the party’s treasurer candidate.

The SA General Election Candidate Debate will take place April 8 in the Student Union Theater at 5:30 p.m. and elections will occur from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on April 14-16 in the Student Union Theater. The election results will be announced in the SA office in Student Union 350 on April 16 sometime after 5 p.m.

This article was updated Thursday, April 2 at 8:04 p.m. because Hillel of Buffalo and Schussmeisters were incorrectly called SA clubs in the original article.

This article previously stated that the president and vice president would run on separate ballots this year. The Spectrum was under the impression a vote passed to make this change to the election process in April 2014 was still in effect. The Spectrum was not informed this change was nullified over the summer until the evening of Thursday, April 2. 

Tom Dinki is a senior news editor and can be contacted at tom.dinki@ubspectrum.com