Robberies in South Campus community continue over summer

Within three days this week, two robberies involving the threat of a weapon occurred in the surrounding community of UB's South Campus. None of the victims were students, according to University Police Department (UPD) Chief Gerald Schoenle.

On Sunday, at approximately 12:45 a.m., a man approached a man and woman at the intersection of Merrimac and Mildred Streets and demanded they turn over their possessions to him. The man displayed a black revolver and threatened to shoot them before taking a wallet and purse and fleeing on foot, according to The Buffalo News. Buffalo Police spokesman Michael DeGeorge was unable to immediately provide more information about the incident.

On Wednesday, at approximately 5:50 a.m., a man approached a woman on a sidewalk near Bailey Avenue and Goodyear Road and demanded the victim give him her purse. He said he had a knife, but no weapon was brandished, according to UPD.

The suspect for the second incident was described as an approximately 20-year-old black male with a thin beard and tall, slender build. He was seen driving a small and old off-white vehicle, according to the police report. Investigators recovered a video of the suspect's vehicle and believe an arrest is imminent.