Workaholics Unanimous

When the worlds of illegal drugs, poop dollars, and fresh-outta-college troublemakers collide with corporate cubicles, the universe gives birth to Workaholics, a new Comedy Central show that airs Wednesday nights at 10:30 p.m.

Spawning from the corruptively creative minds of Mail Order Comedy's Blake Anderson, Adam Devine, Anders "Ders" Holm, and Kyle Newacheck, Workaholics is a scripted comedy series about three friends living together, working hard, and, more importantly, playing hard in the cruel realm of telemarketing.

The show features characters named Blake, Adam and Ders, each played by themselves, and is directed by Newacheck and Chris Koch (Modern Family). Though the friends struggle with their drab jobs to put beer on the dinner table, they still manage to spread chaos and wreak havoc among those around them and have a blast while doing so.

The chemistry between the cast members is impeccable, and, after being friends and comedic accomplices for over seven years, their calculated understanding of one another's humor is obvious.

On a conference call, the jokesters described their inspiration for the show, what it took to get on TV, and what viewers can expect. Devine explained how his and Holm's experiences in the kingdom of telemarketing influenced Workaholics.

"The desperation was true," Holm said. "When we were making phone calls, we wanted to do stuff we're actually doing on the show now."

And who wouldn't want to? From late-night camping trips inside their office to bribing a middle schooler for his drug-free urine, these guys never live a dull moment.

The four are no strangers to the culture of comedy, either. Devine performs as a stand-up comedian, and the group toured with the National Lampoon Lemmings Comedy Troupe in 2008. The foursome also created hilarious sketch comedy videos for its Mail Order Comedy website. From there, they were spotted by Comedy Central and were offered their own show.

When asked about expectations of one day having a television comedy series, the group agreed that confidence was a necessary drive.

"You have to be naïve and dumb enough to think it'll happen," Holm said.

With creations like poop dollar, a chunk of excrement neatly wrapped in a dollar bill for someone to pick up, in their first episode, their ideas for the show are a smooth concoction of life experiences and imagination.

"We all have eclectic taste in comedy," Holm said.

The variety of influence is a perfect blend of humor, as the group named a few favorites such as Tim and Eric, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and South Park.

Workaholics is expected to be splashed in colorful comedy as the season progresses. Without giving too much away, the guys suggested potential material including keg-nog, rapping wizards, not getting laid, body building, and childhood heroes.

To upcoming graduates and future workaholics, the crew had many words of wisdom regarding graduation and being immersed into the real life.

"Give up," Devine said. "Get a s****y job, buy a house with your best friends, and be a kid forever!"

"Take full advantage of the Internet," Anderson said.

"Pick up another major and stay in school," Holm said. "F*** Kanye, be a student forever."

Anderson, Devine, and Holm on screen together are as crude as they are perfect. The three erupt with energy, and the intensity of their laughs only escalates as they egg each other on. Newacheck was asked what his experiences are like working with the explosive trio.

"It's a nightmare; I wake up screaming every day," Newacheck said. "But in all seriousness, it's a dream come true. The way that these three improve together is nothing like I've ever seen before. They're my best friends."