An Album That Lives up to its Name

Artist: Paris Suit Yourself

Album: My Main S***stain

Release: Feb. 23

Label: Big Dada

Grade: D

With atrocious vocals and musicality ever present, Paris Suit Yourself's ironically named album, My Main S***stain, proves to have the perfect title.

The songs on this album are not catchy, nor do the words match with the rhythm. It's easy for the listener to become very perplexed by the different styles Paris Suit Yourself tries to manufacture all at once. The band could be more effective if it attempted to perfect one sound rather than a mismatch of many.

The "Intro" paves the way for the rest of the album, with a barrage of instruments and random noises. The tribal-sounding noises endure throughout the whole intro and fail to start the album off on a good note.

"Craig Machinsky" is a frantic song, and it does not sound as if the beats match with the counts. The vocals, coupled with the off-beat instrumentals, add reason to why this album is called My Main S***stain.

The song "John's Angels" only lasts a mere few seconds and utters random words to the sound of organs, as the singer vents about how he is broke. Although many bands tend to voice their anger, this band does not do it in a mature way and does not get its words out effectively.

Paris Suit Yourself tries to take on much more than it can handle, and "Brainwashed" takes a completely different turn to a more upbeat and jazzy tempo. Unfortunately, this does not help out in the least bit, as the random screaming in the background takes away from the music the band shamelessly attempts to produce.

After listening to this CD, which will take up far too much time in one's life, make sure to flush this S***stain down the toilet.

E-mail: arts@ubspectrum.com