Presidential Search Committee Lists Desired Attributes

In an announcement to the university, Chairman of the UB Council and Presidential Search Committee Jeremy Jacobs updated the community on the progress and status of the presidential search.

After completing their three scheduled open listening sessions, at which they welcomed opinions and suggestions from students, faculty and staff about the traits they would most like to see in the 15th president, the members of the search committee have formulated a position profile. It has been posted on the presidential search website at: www.buffalo.edu/presidentialsearch.

A few of the qualities and expectations noted in the profile are to "refine, enhance and expand the UB 2020 vision," "diversify and build the university's resource streams," "demonstrate leadership, build consensus, and establish trust," "further relationships with strategic partners," and "strengthen coalitions within system, statewide and national governance structures."

The committee is actively accepting further suggestions and nominations from members of the community for individuals qualified for the position.

Jacobs also noted the unfortunate passing of Maureen Mussenden, associate counsel in the Office of University Counsel and member of the committee. In addition, Andrea Costantino, director of Student Life, has joined the committee.

All updates on the search will be posted to the committee's website.

E-mail: news@ubspectrum.com