Letter from the Editor

Over the past 80 issues, staff at The Spectrum has worked around the clock, giving you a product worthy of your support and your readership. We have since reached the end of the line, as you are reading our final issue of the 2009-2010 scholastic year.

This past year has been one full of events that will define the future of the University at Buffalo and Western New York for years to come. The UB 2020 plan has been put into question due to budgetary problems at the state level, campus security was tested following the incident at Lockwood Library, former University President William Greiner passed away, many programs have been shut down by the university, the anniversary of the crash of Continental Connection Flight # 3407 was celebrated as airline safety has been faught – the list goes on and on.

Throughout that year, we have been there, providing you, the reader, with the best possible news that means the most to you. And you've been there, reading more than ever before and interacting in ways only dreamt about in the past.

On behalf of myself and every person who has a part in the publishing of this fine publication, we thank you for your readership and wish you the best of luck with whatever comes your way in the months to come. For those returning this fall, look forward to Editor-In-Chief-Elect Andrew Wiktor and his new staff leading The Spectrum into its 60th year as the only independent student publication at the University at Buffalo.

Best,

Stephen Marth
Editor in Chief
2009-2010