Election results have been finalized

Student Alliance party all but sweeps

In a fast and furious three-day election cycle, the 2,293 votes have been counted and tallied. The results are in: The Student Alliance party won every position in this year's Student Association election except one.
Congratulations.
Sadly, this campaign has left a terrible taste in the student body's mouths. There have been enough rumors and allegations to make a new reality television show for MTV.
To the winners: remember that your job as elected officials is to serve the student body. Advocate for them. Really care about every student's issues. Accomplishing only one issue on your party's platform is simply not enough.
The students of this school deserve a better, more transparent and responsible student government. Incoming president Nischal Vasant and vice president Shervin Stoney – follow through on your campaign promises. All of them.
Expanding the involvement of SA's clubs is also a must. Holding mandatory club fairs is the best way to have clubs interact with the student population. Never forget that SA represents all students.
Increase transparency within SA. Continue to push for better connections with students living the dorms and commuter students. Foster a better relationship between the student body and athletes on campus. There are so many issues that need attention and not enough space to list them here.
Leave the actions of the campaign in the past. Focusing on them will only further alienate the masses from the SA.
To all involved with the organization – first and foremost, review the election rules. Close the holes in them and eliminate any potential gray areas. A more streamlined process is a must. The penalties for campaign violations must be laid out in a clear, conscience manner.
Work with the Election and Credentials committee to better restructure the rules that govern elections. Clearly, the events of the previous three days have shown the limitations of the system in place. It is a brand new system that needs to be addressed.
Work with the Student-Wide Judiciary to minimize miscommunication of the rulings by the E&C committee and candidates during the process. In the future, any and all cases filed must be heard and ruled on in the same day, given the time constraints of the election period. Never should a chief justice go home with a full plate on the table.
The SWJ needs to have more transparency as well. A clear line of logic must be established for the penalties handed out. The SWJ was easily in over its head in handling the sheer amount of cases. The process needs adjustment.
Antonio Roman, as treasurer, it is imperative to follow through on your promises as well. Increase description in the SA operating budget, as well as transparency for the organization as a whole. Make it easily accessible through the SA Web site in a user-friendly model. Currently, it is far too confusing to access.
As for the delegates, Amanda Horn, Franklin Ramirez, Amanda Jonas and Marcus Catlin – work tirelessly in advocating for the improvement of the SUNY system as a whole.
With that being said, Jonas has verbalized the decision to not take the office. However, nothing is official in that a vacancy for the position must be submitted in writing.
There is no doubt that the events of this campaign will have effects that will ripple through this community for a long time. But one question remains. Will the student population further be disillusioned by this week's events?
Only time will tell. All those elected must be ready to work hard and endlessly for the overall student population. So many on this campus are fed up with SA and its actions.
SA is in need of some major changes and needs a facelift after recent events have clouded the student organization. Hopefully, this coalition government can bring the necessary changes.