CFA Grows With Three New Hires

In an effort to expand its operations and provide more community and outreach programs, UB's Center for the Arts has recently added three new staff members to its employment roster.

Jamie Enser, director of operations and produced events, Michelle Rudnicki, director of development and Heather Sidorowicz, community relations coordinator, have all joined the CFA staff within the past five months.

Each of the three positions were newly created. According to the CFA director of marketing, Kelli Bocock-Natale, the CFA has been attempting to secure funds and gain approval for the positions for several years.

Enser, who previously worked as production manager for Nickelodeon and CNN, began work at the CFA on Valentine's Day. One of her duties will be to help facilitate the development of a graduate program in arts management.

"The program will be structured more towards the business end, emphasizing the roles of arts and arts organizations within communities," said Enser.

If realized, the program would be in collaboration with UB's departments of media study, theater and dance, music and visual arts. Enser said the program would also involve internships with local theaters and art galleries.

Enser will also be responsible for oversight of the production department and leadership on television partnership projects for local and national broadcast.

"We (CFA) have the capability and equipment to televise events. It's something we would really like to do from our Mainstage Theater," said Bocock-Natale.

Rudnicki, who started work at the CFA in November, most recently worked as a development officer for the Buffalo Museum of Science, with the additional responsibility of audience development and special events. She has also worked with the Evergreen Foundation of WNY, Buffalo Olmstead Parks Conservatory and the Alzheimer's Association of WNY.

"We've never had a development officer before, we've been trying for the past five years to secure one," said Bocock-Natale.

Rudnicki said she will focus on building and securing stronger corporate and foundation relations, elevating cultural tourism, revitalizing the CFA's Friends program and increasing general support and interest from the surrounding community.

In addition to servicing the university community and surrounding areas, Rudnicki wants to expand business and social relations to a more regional level.

"Presently, we're focusing on attracting people within a 500-mile radius of the campuses, and bringing them through the doors of the CFA," said Rudnicki.

Sidorowicz will work in conjunction with Rudnicki on a part-time basis to help rejuvenate the CFA's Friends program. She began her work at the CFA in January and previously served as the American Heart Association's Heart Walk Director of Corporate Relations. She was also an account executive with ARCH Wireless and served in the marketing sales department at Univera Health.

Sidorowicz said gathering community support for Friends program events is critical in raising money for a transportation stipend which buses underprivileged school children to the CFA for live performing arts events.

To join the student level of benefits from the Friends society, a minimum of a $10 pledge is asked in exchange for a CFA calendar of events and quarterly newsletters and 2-for-1 tickets for department of music productions.