Andrea Costantino, former director of Campus Living, resigns

Elizabeth Lidano, interim director of Campus Living, fills role

After over 20 years as part of the UB community, Andrea Costantino, former director of Campus Living, resigned from her position effective Aug. 18.

Costantino, a UB alumna and former director of Student Life, took the role in 2012. Following Costantino’s resignation, Elizabeth Lidano assumed the role of interim director of Campus Living on Aug. 18.

Scott Weber, Vice President of Student Life, made the announcement to Student Life staff members on Aug. 16. The announcement came just four days into Campus Living paraprofessional training for the academic year.

The Spectrum reached out to Costantino for comment on why she resigned but Costantino did not respond in time for print.

“Throughout Andrea’s career at UB, she has worked diligently to foster a transformative experience for our students,” Weber said in an email. “We are truly appreciative of Andrea’s work and I know you will join me in thanking Andrea for her service to UB and extending best wishes for her continued success.”

UB Spokesperson John Della Contrada said the university will begin a search for a new permanent director of campus living in the upcoming weeks.

Benjamin Blanchet is a senior arts editor and can be reached at benjamin.blanchet@ubspectrum.com.

BENJAMIN BLANCHET
Father Benjamin.jpg

Benjamin Blanchet is the senior engagement editor for The Spectrum. His words have been seen in The Buffalo News (Gusto) and The Sun newspapers of Western New York. Loves cryptoquip and double-doubles.