New Amherst cookie joint will open in late November

Crumbl Cookies will open its second New York location later this month

Crumbl Cookies is set to open in Buffalo in late November.

Logan, UT-based Crumbl Cookies is coming to Amherst to compete with Insomnia Cookies, an all-time favorite joint among college students. 

It will be a challenge for Crumbl to convert loyal Insomniacs who can be seen at midnight outside the Insomnia on Sweet Home Road in the blistering cold trying to get two sugar cookies for about $5 to their cause. 

Unlike Insomnia, which boasts the same flavor cookies each day, Crumbl likes to mix things up, trying new flavor combinations each week — from “Midnight Mint” to “Key Lime Pie.”

“There will never be an opportunity for our customers to become bored,” Frank Resto, owner of Crumbl in Amherst, told The Spectrum. Resto says that while he doesn’t want to denigrate another establishment, Crumbl Cookies are the best.

“The cookies are simply more delicious,” Resto said. “I think you'll find that everything we do at Crumbl, from our recipes to our packaging, to our building design and layout, to our customer service, to our overall attention to detail, is absolutely ‘top shelf!’”

Students looking for a job close to campus with flexibility should look into applying to work with the Crumbl team, Resto says. 

“In order to apply, they merely need to visit crumblcookies.com, click on ‘Apply Today,’ under ‘Apply to Work at a Crumbl Near You,’ choose ‘Amherst, NY’ in the ‘Select a location’ drop-down menu, select their desired position, fill out the brief application and submit. That's all there is to it!” Resto said.

The Amherst location still has an undetermined grand opening date but is expected to open its doors in late November-to-early December. And, for impatient cookie lovers, Crumbl recently opened a new location in Rochester.

Dan Eastman is the assistant managing editor and can be reached at danielson.eastman@ubspectrum.com 

DAN EASTMAN
Studio Session-050 (2) (1).jpg

Dan Eastman is the assistant managing editor at The Spectrum. He is a senior geography major who loves Starbucks iced americano. When he isn’t writing and editing he is trying to find the best donut and cookie shops in Buffalo. He can be found on Twitter @TheEastMan2000.