The best shows to binge watch during quarantine

Spice up your quarantine watchlist with these class-A series

It’s been roughly a month of quarantine and you’ve already binge watched all of your favorite television shows, some possibly more than once. 

Before you resort to rewatching “Rick and Morty” for the tenth time, be sure to check out this list of marathon-worthy shows. 

Something Funny

“It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia”

Where to Watch: Hulu

No other comedy will leave you laughing so hard while still being disgusted with yourself. 

“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” follows the misadventures of four bar-owning friends (and one insane father played by Danny Devito). Each episode involves the characters finding ways to do just about everything other than running their bar. They continuously put themselves in horrible situations that test the morals of the viewer. 

From becoming indebted to the mob, to writing a play, “It’s Always Sunny” never runs out of twists and will keep you wondering what the gang’s next get-rich-quick scheme will be. 

But you don’t need to wonder what you’re doing after an episode ends, because you’ll already be starting the next one.

Something Serious

“Fargo”

Where To Watch: Hulu

“Fargo,” based on the award-winning 1996 film of the same name, is both an epic crime saga and a love letter to the American Midwest. Each season of the anthology series tells a different story in a different time period while sharing vague commonalities from chapter to chapter. 

Each season involves a murder, secret plots and family betrayals, all of which somehow loop back to the town of Fargo, North Dakota. 

Every multi-layered character has a motive and a sensible reason for it (though some are more justifiable than others). 

With season four coming soon, there is no better time to catch up on this beloved award-winning series than right now.

Something Animated

“Castlevania”

Where to Watch: Netflix

Ever wondered what would happen if “Game of Thrones” was animated and featured vampires? Probably not, but that’s essentially what this adaptation of the nearly-35-year-old video game series is. 

Season one may have its slow parts, but the series quickly becomes an unforgettable wild ride. 

With the recent release of season three and the announcement of season four, it’s a great time to give Netflix’s hidden animated gem a try. 

Something Short

“Watchmen”

Where to Watch: HBO

This HBO miniseries is one of the weirdest –– and best –– shows to come out of 2019. Don’t be turned away by the fact that it’s a loose sequel to the infamous cult-classic comic book; the show has enough references for long-time fans to enjoy and answers enough questions for newcomers to hop in.

In just nine episodes, “Watchmen” contains as many twists as “Game of Thrones” and just as much excitement. By the end, the show leaves viewers begging for more but also satisfied that it won’t drag on.

Something You Never Thought You Would Actually Watch

“Keeping Up With the Kardashians”

Where to Watch: Hulu

This is not a typo. 

“Keeping Up With the Kardashians” may not be everyone’s (or anyone’s) idea of top-tier television, but don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

The show is pure reality-show stupidity at its finest. Whether it’s Kim lying to one of her siblings or Kylie mistaking a pig for a chicken, it is easy to get glued to the couch with no hope of escape. 

It is the perfect reality TV show to give your mind the several-hour, or maybe even several-day, break it needs.

The arts desk can be reached at arts@ubspectrum.com