UB named No. 31 public university in U.S.

Wall Street Journal/ Times Higher Education 2020 rankings list UB among the highest

<p>Publications ranked UB among the top public universities in the country this past week.</p>

Publications ranked UB among the top public universities in the country this past week.

UB is No. 31 among the top public universities in the U.S., according to the 2020 Wall Street Journal/ Times Higher Education College Ranking.

This year’s ranking is seven spots higher than last year’s ranking of No. 38.

UB also jumped to No. 110 out of 801 total U.S. universities, ten spots ahead of their ranking in 2019. UB ranked No. 5 among public universities in the northeast and No. 48 among all colleges in the northeast, up eight spots from last year’s rankings. 

UB ranked highest of all public universities in the northeast for resources, which considers university spending on instruction and student services. The ranking takes into account student success and learning by including the results of the Times Higher Education U.S. Student Survey. The survey asks 174,000 students if they feel motivated by other students, if they think their college is worth the money and if they’d choose the same school if they had to start over again. 

UB students rated UB 7.5 out of 10 in “feeling motivated by other students,” 8.1 out of 10 in “worth what they’re paying” and 7.9 out of 10 in “if they would choose UB again.” 

Brittany Gorny is the senior news editor and can be reached at brittany.gorny@ubspectrum.com and on Twitter @BrittanyUBSpec.

BRITTANY GORNY

Brittany Gorny is the senior news editor.