Police Blotter

Did you make this week’s blotter?

11/8

1:16 a.m.: University Police received a call regarding a suspicious person in Silverman Library. UPD made an arrest and filed a report.

5:39 p.m.: A caller requested assistance with their vehicle on White Road in Governors B parking lot. UPD provided assistance.

11/9

11:40 a.m.: A caller notified UPD of drug use in Spaulding Quad. UPD responded and provided assistance.

12:21 p.m.: UPD received a larceny complaint in Richmond Quad. UPD took the person’s information and filed a report.

6:26 p.m.: A female student called UPD to report a dog locked inside a white GMC SUV in the Alumni Arena parking lot. The student waited 15 minutes to see if the owner would return. UPD reported the window was open and the vehicle was seen leaving the area.

10:46 p.m.: UPD responded to a hit and run on John James Audubon Parkway. The male reported he is not from the area and was hit while driving, leaving his vehicle with a flat tire, missing mirror and bumper. UPD took information and filed a report.

11/10

1:26 a.m.: A caller notified UPD of an alcohol overdose at Goodyear Hall. The female student was transported to Erie County Medical Center.

9:54 p.m.: An RA reported a marijuana complaint in Wilkeson Quad. UPD arrived on the scene and reported the smell possibly came from individuals smoking outside. 

11:18p.m.: UPD responded to a larceny call at Richmond Quad. The female reported someone stole part of her hookah from her room. The property was returned and the victim did not press charges. UPD issued a referral to the suspect.

11/11

1:27 a.m.: An Uber driver flagged down UPD on Rensch Road regarding a reckless driver. The driver of a white Nissan SUV was driving erratically at a high speed with no lights on. UPD stopped the vehicle and issued an arrest.

2:07 p.m.: While on patrol, UPD assisted with an accidental activation of an intrusion alarm in Hadley Village. While assisting, UPD received information regarding harassment. UPD found one hunting knife and put it into evidence. No charges were made and papers were served to the suspect.

2:54 p.m.: A female student called UPD to report property damage to her vehicle at the Parker Hall parking lot. Her side mirrors were smashed between the hours of 10 p.m. on Nov. 10 and 2:54 p.m. on Nov. 11. UPD filed a report.

3:22 p.m.: UPD responded to reports of a garbage can fire at Clark Hall. The cause is unknown but possibly due to a cigarette. UPD extinguished the fire with water.

10:57 p.m.: UPD stopped a car in the Special Events parking lot for reckless operation of a vehicle. The driver was doing donuts in the lot, according to the report. UPD gave the driver a warning.