Makeshift bombs sent to Obama, Clinton and CNN

Multiple bombs found Wednesday, causes nationwide panic


Pipe bombs addressed to former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, former president Barack Obama and CNN’s offices in New York City, were intercepted by the U.S. Secret Service Wednesday, according to The New York Times.

Authorities said the bombs were found through routine screenings and did not arrive to the residences. The makeshift bomb at the CNN offices caused a mass evacuation of the Time Warner Center in Midtown Manhattan. 

More bombs were found earlier this week at the residence of liberal billionaire George Soros, earlier on Wednesday at the office of Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz and a suspicious package was found sent to the residence of California Rep. Maxine Waters. The bomb found in Shultz’s office was addressed to former Attorney General Eric Holder. 

President Donald Trump said it was an “act of terror” and the bombs were being looked at by experts. A full investigation is now underway by the FBI and other agencies.

“A major federal investigation is now underway,” Trump said in a press meeting Wednesday. “The weight of our nation is being deployed to conduct this investigation and bring those responsible for these despicable acts to justice.

“In these times, we have to unify. We have to come together and send one very clear, strong and unmistakable message that acts or threats of political violence of any kind have no place in the United States of America.”

Many have critiqued Trump for his handling of the media and his verbal attacks toward journalists. CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker said in a Tweet on Wednesday that the president and White House press secretary “should understand their words matter. So far they have shown no comprehension of that.” 

News Desk can be reached at: news@ubspectrum.com