A$AP Ferg, Ty Dolla $ign, Daniel Caesar to perform at Spring Fest

<p>A$ap Ferg will co-headline with Ty Dolla $ign for&nbsp;SA's Spring Fest on May 5 along with R&B/soul singer-songwriter Daniel Caesar opening the show.&nbsp;</p>

A$ap Ferg will co-headline with Ty Dolla $ign for SA's Spring Fest on May 5 along with R&B/soul singer-songwriter Daniel Caesar opening the show. 

Rappers A$AP Ferg and Ty Dolla Sign will hit the stage at this year’s Student Association Spring Fest.

The rappers will be this year’s co-headliners on May 5, with R&B/soul singer-songwriter Daniel Caesar opening the show. The Student Association announced this year’s lineup throughout the week on social media.

The announcement parallels past year’s festivals, with an R&B and hip hop-centered event, as opposed to last year’s hip hop, pop, and EDM event.

A$AP Ferg, a key member of rap group A$AP Mob, is touring off his second mixtape “Sill Striving,” which hit number 12 on the Billboard 200. The mixtape features hit single “Plain Jane,” which peaked at number 26 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Dolla $ign, best known for singles “Paranoid” and “Or Nah,” released his first major label project “Beach House EP” in 2014. The rapper is currently touring off his second studio album, “Beach House 3.” The project featuring appearances from Lil Wayne, Pharrell Williams and even Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui, charting at number 11 on the Billboard 200.

Opener Daniel Caesar released his debut independent album “Freudian” in 2017. The record was met with critical acclaim and picked up two nominations at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards; getting nominated for Best R&B Album and lead single “Get You” getting a nod for Best R&B Performance.

Students will be able to register for tickets online and pick up tickets at the SBI ticket office. More ticket info should be announced in April, according to SA's Entertainment Director Matt Cosmai.

Brenton Blanchet is the senior arts editor and can be reached at Brenton.Blanchet@ubspectrum.com

BRENTON J. BLANCHET
brent.jpg

Brenton J. Blanchet is the 2019-20 editor-in-chief of The Spectrum. His work has appeared in Billboard, Clash Magazine, DJBooth, PopCrush, The Face and more. Ask him about Mariah Carey.