UB student stabbed near South Campus

Buffalo Police investigating robbery and assault, student in fair condition

<p>A UB student was stabbed in the chest Thursday evening on Lisbon Avenue near UB's South Campus.</p>

A UB student was stabbed in the chest Thursday evening on Lisbon Avenue near UB's South Campus.

A UB architecture student was stabbed inthe chest by an unkown attacker Thursday evening on Lisbon Avenue near South Campus.

On Friday, the victim’s father, Jim Riley, spoke with WGRZ and said his daughter is in fair condition at Erie County Medical Center.

“Her progress has been phenomenal," he said. “She certainly is very shaken up by the whole event."

Buffalo Police are investigating the robbery and assault. The suspect is described as a black 5-foot-4 male wearing a camouflaged jacket and may be connected to other robberies that occurred in the last month.

Riley is offering a reward in hopes of catching his daughter’s attacker. He asked people to look at the police surveillance of the suspect to try to identify the suspect.

The university cannot provide updates on the student's physical condition, but UB's student affairs team is in close contact with the student and her family, according to UB Spokesperson John Della Contrada.

Riley said friends and family have visited his daughter in the hospital and she will hopefully be released in a few days. Riley said his daughter is looking for a new place to live.

University police are patrolling the South Campus area heavily, according to a press release sent out on Friday.

The release advises members of the university to stay alert, not walk alone, keep residence hall rooms locked and contact UPD if they see any suspicious activity.

News desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com