The grapevine 10/12-10/17

Your weekly collection of Buffalo’s sonic selections

Monday, Oct. 12

Goldroom – Waiting Room

Hailing from Boston, Josh Leff – known as Goldroom – will be coming to Buffalo on Monday with his own brand of electropop. Goldroom has quickly become known in the electronic dance music (EDM) scene for his work with nu-disco and deep house. His chilled-out synth grooves are perfect to dance the night away, even on a Monday.

Tuesday, Oct. 13

That 1 Guy – Tralf Music Hall

Mike Silverman’s one-man act, humorously named That 1 Guy, has graced shows around the country with an unconventional performance style. Early on in his career, Silverman felt hindered by playing only one instrument, leading him to create his own instrument, the Magic Pipe. The 7-foot-tall instrument, composed of steel piping, bass strings and electronics, is a one-of-a-kind sight, especially when being played live. Come and see That 1 Guy, in all his eccentricity, at the Tralf on Tuesday.

Wednesday, Oct 14

Mötley Crüe and Alice Cooper – First Niagara Center

On Wednesday, rock legends Mötley Crüe and Alice Cooper, will perform at the First Niagara Center downtown. Mötley Crüe, one of the first progenitors of glam metal, is on its final tour after more than 30 years of playing. Alice Cooper, recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, is one of the most influential heavy metal musicians of the modern age. Don’t miss this chance to see these legends perform on Wednesday.

Thursday, Oct. 15

The Moth & the Flame – Tralf Music Hall

California alternative rock band The Moth & the Flame is finally gaining traction. Coming off the release of its first album Ampersand, the band has been touring around the world as one of today’s top up-and-coming alt rock bands. Now, as the band prepares to release its second album, it will stop at Buffalo’s Tralf Music Hall on Thursday. Come out and see one of the brightest newcomers to the scene.

Friday, Oct. 16

Keys N Krates – Town Ballroom

From Toronto, Keys N Krates is a trap and grime electronic group. The band is coming off of a successful summer tour, including dates at Lollapalooza, Electric Zoo and Ultra Music Festival. They are some of the hardest hitters in the EDM scene right now – come out and party with some dance masters.

Saturday, Oct. 17

Sage Francis – Waiting Room

Sage Francis, founder and CEO of Strange Famous Records, is known for his extensive and illustrious music career. He has been writing songs since he was eight years old and has been giving spoken word poetry performances ever since he was a child. The multi-talented MC will be coming to Buffalo to perform a hip-hop show on Saturday – maybe he will even read some of his poetry.

Brian Windschitl is the senior arts editor and can be reached at brian.windschitl@ubspectrum.com. Follow him on Twitter at @_brnwnd.