The craziest, creepiest UB Police blotter from the past few years

<p></p>

All information according to University Police

11/20/12 – 9:20 a.m - A complainant reported a suspicious, disoriented male roaming the halls of the Biomedical Research Building. The suspect was Rafael Tapia, Jr., a registered sex offender. He was arrested, charged with trespassing and taken to ECMC under the mental health law.

11/26/12 – 12:39 a.m. – A maintenance manager reported dried blood in the lobby of Kimball Tower. There were no reports of First Aid being administered in Kimball Tower recently. Officers checked the building and found nothing else, reporting the blood appeared old and dried.

1/29/13 – 1:48 p.m. – A student reported another student has been bringing a knife, with a 4-inch blade, to school since last semester. Several students have spoken to the subject about it. The subject is not threatening anyone with the knife and was gone by the time patrols arrived at the Natural Sciences Complex.

2/2/13 – 7:40 p.m. – A complainant reported someone vandalized a hallway in Hayes Hall and broke light bulbs in Acheson Annex overnight. There was also damage to the sink in the men's bathroom.

2/2/13 – 11:30 a.m. – An irate caller reported the UPD switchboard was “slammed” and 645-2000 was misdirecting calls. When asked if the caller needed to report an emergency, the caller said UPD had the emergency. The call center was unaware of any problems.

2/8/13 – 6:54 a.m. – Ruth A. Henry attempted to enter Goodyear Hall for more than an hour, wearing a black coat, black pants, black boots and a hat and she was carrying bags. She is wanted on a bench warrant for criminal mischief in the fourth degree from Syracuse Police Department; the police department would not extradite her.

2/24/13 – 7:58 p.m. – NFTA police requested assistance for a bomb threat at University Station. NFTA bomb dogs completed a sweep of the station and no device was located.

9/12/13 – 1 p.m. – A staff member in Clark Hall reported a suspicious male harassing students to buy heroin.

4/23/14 – 6:28 p.m. – A UB staff member reported receiving an email on April 21 from a UB student. The email threatened to harm him and herself if her pharmaceutical externship schedule was not changed. UPD notified Tonawanda Police to conduct a welfare check of the student.

9/23/14 – 8:52 p.m. – A UB student’s mother reported her daughter’s front windshield was smashed in the parking lot near Foster Hall. When police arrived, they noticed the grass in the area was freshly cut and two sizeable rocks were located near the vehicle. Police think a rock may have gone through the lawn mower and propelled onto the windshield.

9/25/14 – 1:51 a.m. – Patrol reported finding four large garbage cans labeled “Lungs” in the Baird Research Parking Lot, near the woods. The lieutenant was notified and noticed a heavy bleach smell when he arrived on the scene. He had someone from Environment, Health and Safety investigate the contents after 8 a.m.

9/30/14 – 12:27 a.m. – A UB student reported someone he knew walked into his dorm room and punched him in the face nine times. The suspect was arrested.

10/3/14 – 1:34 p.m. – A UB student, who was recently suspended, sent an email to General Admissions threatening to blow up and kill every student on campus. Patrol was sent to find the student, but could not. The student is no longer allowed in residence halls.

10/29/14 – 12:16 a.m. – A caller reported a female UB student accidently cut off the tip of her finger while working on an architecture project in Parker Hall.

4/28/14 – 12:21 p.m. – An unknown caller reported a woman was sitting on the ground in CVS in The Commons screaming in a foreign language. The subject received medical transportation.

9/4/14 – 10:08 a.m. – A UB student reported an unknown male was staring at her and took pictures of her while in the Health Sciences Library on South Campus between 7:45 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. on Sept. 3. She believed the male followed her around the library as well.

News desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com.