Police Blotter: 4/28 – 5/4

<p></p>

All information according to University Police

4/28

2:57 a.m. – A cleaner reported that an unknown subject urinated in trashcans at the Health Sciences Library on South Campus. A report was filed with UPD.

12:21 p.m. – An unknown caller reported a woman was sitting on the ground in CVS in The Commons screaming in a foreign language. The subject received medical transportation.

1:47 p.m. – A patrol reported that a suspicious male got on a bus heading toward South Campus at the Student Union and was possibly intoxicated. The male was reported to be approximately 70 years old with braided hair, wearing overalls and holding a suitcase. A patrol located the subject sleeping by a pole in the Center for Tomorrow parking lot on North Campus and he was transported to the City Mission.

2:34 p.m. – A caller requested an ambulance to the third floor of Davis Hall for a 23-year-old woman who had passed out, struck her head, bit her lip and was bleeding. The subject regained consciousness and received medical transport. A report was filed with UPD.

6:18 p.m. – Buffalo Police reported receiving a welfare check request for a UB student who is on the phone with a friend who reports he is intentionally overdosing at South Lake Village on North Campus. A patrol arrived on location and reported the subject was conscious and breathing but that their consciousness was fading. The ambulance was expedited.

8:25 p.m. – A UB student reported being harassed via text message and wished to speak with an officer to explore options for protection. A report was filed with UPD.

11:18 p.m. – A caller reported that an unknown subject entered his locked Goodyear Hall dorm room on South Campus between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. and stole $100. A patrol was dispatched to the scene and a report was filed with UB.

4/29

1:45 a.m. – A caller reported that three males were threatening to fight others in the fourth floor lounge of Goodyear Hall on South Campus. A patrol arrived but the subjects were gone upon arrival.

10:28 a.m. – A mother of a UB student requested a welfare check on her son who had not contacted her in three weeks. The mother was unaware of any physical or mental issues he may have. A patrol contacted the subject and reported he is OK and will call his mother.

11:42 a.m. – A UB employee reported that someone might be living in an unoccupied cubicle on the fourth floor of Lockwood Library. The caller reported finding a sleeping bag, laptop and other personal effects in the cubicle, which can be opened by keypad only. The subject might have been climbing over the wall. A patrol arrived and found the items in cubicle No. 143 and the items were returned to the station.

3:03 p.m. – A caller reported a fight in the vestibule of the Student Union on North Campus between five parties. No weapons were involved in the fight and the patrol on location reported it being a verbal argument only. A report was filed with UPD.

5/1

1:29 p.m. – A caller reported that an apartment in Hadley Village on North Campus has been vandalized. The damage was reportedly done to the kitchen hallway. The caller reported the occupants attempted to break into their neighbors’ room. A report was filed with UPD.

2:33 p.m. – A student reported that another student in the Ellicott food court on North Campus shoved her at approximately 12:30 a.m. A patrol left a voice message with the student and referred him to Student Wide Judiciary (SWJ).

3:51 p.m. – A patrol received a walk-up complaint of marijuana from a hall director in Lehman Hall in Governors Complex. The patrol confiscated marijuana paraphernalia from two students and brought one subject into custody. The other subject admitted to having $500 cash in a lock box from the sale of narcotics. The items were seized and students received SWJ papers.

5:33 p.m. – A UB student reported that her Gravity longboard rolled out from under her and was struck by a shuttle bus while on Putnam Way in front of the Student Union. The long board, valued at $160, was destroyed. No injuries were reported.

5/2

11:17 p.m. – A complainant was looking for her sister who was last seen in the area of Baird Hall at approximately 11 p.m. The subject was reported to be wearing green shorts, a gold headpiece and holding a brown leather bag. The subject was located by phone and was waiting for her sister at the Student Union.

5/3

2:50 a.m. – A caller requested a welfare check on a lone female in the Ellicott Complex heading toward Richmond Quadrangle. The female had long black hair and was wearing a No. 14 Buffalo Bills jersey. Patrol was unable to locate the subject.

3:28 p.m. – A caller reported that the bushes in front of an apartment in South Lake Village were smoking and starting on fire. A patrol was dispatched and confirmed that the bushes were smoking and some fire is coming from the mulch in front of the apartment. The patrol reported that it could be handled with a fire extinguisher. The fire was extinguished and patrol reported the fire extinguisher needed to be replaced.

5/4

7:58 p.m. – A patrol was dispatched to an elevator entrapment on the third floor of the Student Union. The individuals were freed from the elevator and the malfunction was reported.

News desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com