Police Blotter: 4/14-4/20

<p></p>

All information according to University Police

4/14

8:13 a.m. – A UB staff member reported that there was an injured goose in the Beane lot on North Campus. A patrol transported the goose to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

12:33 p.m. – UPD reported a person was stuck in an elevator near the fifth floor of Capen Hall. Assistance was provided and the person was released.

3:37 p.m. – A UB student reported that her vehicle was struck in the Alumni A parking lot between 1:20 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. No note was left on the victim’s car and one of her lights was broken. A report was filed with UPD.

5:14 p.m. – A student reported that his cell phone was stolen from the Millard Fillmore Academic Center between the hours of 10:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. A report was filed with UPD.

4/15

4:20 p.m. – Multiple people were reported to be on Kunz Field on North Campus, which was shut down for repairs and posted with 'No trespassing' signs. A patrol reported they removed the group of four or five people from the field and Athletics was satisfied.

8:14 p.m. – A larceny of a blue iPhone was reported in the women’s locker room in Alumni Arena. The phone was left unattended for approximately two minutes before it was stolen. Patrol met with victim and filed a report.

9:08 p.m. –Two vehicles, a Jaguar and a Land Rover, were reported to be parked illegally in the Baird B parking lot. A patrol was dispatched and both vehicles were issued parking tickets.

4/16

12:16 a.m. – Campus Living reported an odor of marijuana coming from the Richmond Quadrangle. A patrol was dispatched but the subjects were gone on arrival.

7:23 a.m. – A UB staff member reported that there was a possible homeless male sleeping on a couch in the lobby of Harriman Hall on South Campus. The subject was reported to be around 40-50 years of age with thin blonde hair, wearing a green and brown winter jacket and blue jeans. UPD warned the subject to stay out of buildings other than libraries and he was escorted from the area.

10:29 a.m. – A UB student reported that she has been being harassed and threatened by another student via email for the past two weeks. A UPD patrol attempted to contact the harasser and left a message on his phone saying that if he did not cease all contact with the girl, he would be subject to arrest.

2:57 p.m. – A patrol at the abortion demonstration identified a student who kicked a demonstration sign and damaged it. The demonstrator in charge stated he did not wish to press charges if the subject apologized. The subject apologized for his actions and the apology was accepted by the demonstrator.

4/17

3:29 p.m. – A UB employee reported that four fraudulent Key Bank checks were processed by UB Financial Services. The subject stated he did not issue the checks. A report was filed with UPD.

3:33 p.m. – A UB faculty member reported that toiletry items were taken from the Wende Hall restrooms on South Campus on Thursday morning at approximately 2:00 a.m. A report was filed with UPD.

4:34 p.m. – Student Life reported that a garbage can, located near the stairs outside of room 150 behind the Student Union, was smoking. There were no visible flames coming from the can. A patrol reported that there were ashes smoldering in the can and a fire extinguisher was deployed.

6:47 p.m. – UB student reported there is an intoxicated female on the bench in front of Greiner Hall. The student reported that the female appeared to be passing out. A patrol requested an ambulance and girl was transported to Erie County Medical Center.

7:41 p.m. – UPD officer requested first aid for a woman passed out in the women’s bathroom of Alumni Arena. Medics were on scene and provided assistance.

9:16 p.m. – A UB student reported that two subjects had personal items rummaged through in room 59B in the Center for the Arts. The student reported that roughly $70-80 was taken on this date between the hours of 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

10:22 p.m. – A UB student sustained a laceration above his eye while in the mosh pit in Alumni Arena. The student was evaluated by EMTs on scene but refused medical transport.

4/18

12:22 a.m. – A UPD officer was given information from a walk-up subject who reported a black leather backpack was left unattended inside the doors to the train station at the Main Circle on South Campus. The subject was concerned about the contents of the backpack. The officer notified NFTA police.

12:40 a.m. – A 911 call was received about a possible heroin overdose at the Diefendorf lot on South Campus with medics on the way. Patrol administered Narcan at 12:40 a.m. A Rural Metro ambulance transported the victim to Erie County Medical Center.

3:27 p.m. – A UB student advised UPD that someone stole her shoes and swimming goggles from the women’s locker room in Alumni Arena. A report was filed with UPD.

3:29 - A non-student reported that her white iPhone was stolen from the women’s bathroom in Alumni Arena on 4/17. Tracking of the phone showed that it was near Hertel Road in the City of Buffalo.

9:40 p.m. – A UB staff member reported that a student stole a cereal dispenser from the Crossroads Culinary Center (C3) dining hall in Ellicott. A report was filed with UPD.

4/19

1:59 a.m. – A patrol stopped a New York State registered vehicle on the Audubon Parkway at Lee Road because of an Amherst Police Department complaint. UPD arrested a UB student for driving while intoxicated and his vehicle was towed.

4/20

12:16 a.m. – A resident adviser in Spaulding quadrangle reported an odor of marijuana on the terrace level of the Spaulding Quadrangle. A patrol identified a UB student, but all checks with the student were negative.

8:22 p.m. – A patrol was dispatched to Wilkeson Quadrangle for a marijuana complaint on the terrace between buildings 6 and 8. UPD identified UB students and issued Student Wide Judiciary paperwork.

News desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com