Police Blotter 3/3 – 3/10

All information according to University Police.

<p></p>

3/3

2:42 p.m. – A mother of a UB student was concerned for her son’s well being and contacted UPD. The mother reported her son had not called in two days. UPD contacted the student and told him to call his mother; the son reported he has been busy and that he’s OK.

6:15 p.m. - A student reported his vehicle was struck while parked in the Sherman parking lot on South Campus between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. A report was filed with UPD.

3/4

3:55 p.m. – A student reported her vehicle was damaged in the Cooke A parking lot on North Campus between the hours of 9:40 a.m. and 3:50 p.m. A report was filed with UPD.

3/5

8:08 a.m. – UPD received a complaint that a suspicious female is often on the second floor of Lockwood library around 8 a.m. The woman has been seen in a purple dress and has been reported to act strangely and has harassed staff members.

2:02 p.m. – A UB student reported she was entrapped in the Porter Building 7 elevator. UPD reported she was entrapped on the third floor of Porter Building 7 and an elevator technician released the student.

3:29 p.m. – UPD received an animal complaint that a duck was injured at the Audubon and Rensch intersection. UPD reported the duck was able to fly away.

3/9

1:24 a.m. – A resident adviser in the Fargo quadrangle reported a smell of marijuana to UPD. Patrol identified UB student Julian Pollock and issued a Student Wide Judiciary ticket to the student.

10:06 a.m. – A staff member reported that two windows on the ground floor of Spaulding Building 3 were damaged. Patrol reported the windows were both shot with BBs.

2:48 p.m. – A student reported his study carrel on the second floor of the Law Library was broken into. Student said two textbooks, a computer charger and a scarf were stolen from the carrel between 5:30 p.m. on March 2 and 8:15 a.m. on March 3. UPD filed a report.

5:48 p.m. – A complaint was filed that a bat was trapped in 104 O’Brian Hall. UPD secured the room and requested an exterminator.

3/10

3:57 p.m. – A resident adviser in Dewey Hall reported that three individuals were smoking marijuana outside of the building near the blue staircase. UPD was dispatched and students William Deng, Eric Marcatoma and Roman Shayko were issued Student Wide Judiciary tickets.

11:50 p.m. – Campus Living reported a possible bat in Porter Building 7 on the seventh floor. A patrol was dispatched but was unable to gain access to the bat; residents were advised to call UPD should it come out from the radiator.

email: news@ubspectrum.com