Quick Hits: Women's soccer remains unbeaten in MAC; Legette-Jack receives contract extension

Women’s basketball head coach Felisha Legette-Jack received a
contract extension from Buffalo through the 2018-19 season,
it was announced Thursday. Legette-Jack led the Bulls to a
17-13 record last season in her second year as head coach. 
Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Women’s basketball head coach Felisha Legette-Jack received a contract extension from Buffalo through the 2018-19 season, it was announced Thursday. Legette-Jack led the Bulls to a 17-13 record last season in her second year as head coach.  Yusong Shi, The Spectrum

Women’s soccer (8-2-1, 4-0 Mid-American Conference)

Buffalo went 2-0 at home this weekend, defeating Bowling Green (2-9, 1-3 MAC) 3-1 Friday night and Eastern Michigan (6-4-1, 2-2 MAC) 2-0 Sunday. It was the Bulls’ first games at UB Stadium since August. Senior forward Katie Roberts scored three goals over the weekend, including two against the Falcons Friday. Roberts has scored a goal in five straight games and leads the team with seven.

It’s Buffalo’s first 4-0 MAC start since 1999.

The Bulls travel to Northern Illinois (4-6-1, 2-0-1 MAC) Friday for a 7 p.m. match before returning home Sunday to face Western Michigan (8-3, 2-1 MAC) at noon.

Volleyball (12-6, 2-2 MAC)

After winning 12 straight sets, the Bulls have now lost six straight sets after dropping two conference matches on the road this weekend.

Buffalo fell to Ohio (11-4, 4-0 MAC) Friday and Kent State (10-7, 2-2 MAC) Saturday – both in 3-0 sweeps. The Bulls were without junior outside hitter Tahleia Bishop, who leads the team in kills, and junior setter Marissa Prinzbach, who leads the team in assists, as neither played this weekend.

The Bulls travel to Akron (7-12, 1-3 MAC) Thursday at 7 p.m. before hosting Ball State (9-8, 3-1 MAC) in Alumni Arena Saturday at 7 p.m.

Women’s basketball

Head coach Felisha Legette-Jack received a contract extension with Buffalo through the 2018-19 season on Thursday. Legette-Jack is 29-33 and 18-16 in conference play in two seasons as head coach of the Bulls.

Buffalo has won the most MAC games in a two-year period in program history the previous two seasons. The Bulls went 17-13 last season and earned the No. 4 seed in the MAC tournament– their highest-ever seeding.

Athletic Director Danny White and men’s basketball head coach Bobby Hurley have also received contract extensions in the past few weeks, running through the 2018-19 season. Buffalo begins its season against Siena in Alumni Arena Nov. 14.