Quick Hits: Men's soccer scores game-tying goal with 12 seconds left; Women's soccer draws twice

Junior midfielder Kassidy Kidd dribbles the ball down the sideline in the women’s soccer team’s 1-1 draw with Western Michigan on Sunday. Kidd assisted the Bulls’ lone goal. Chad Cooper, The Spectrum

Men’s soccer (3-7-1, 0-0-1 Mid-American Conference)

Buffalo tied Western Michigan (6-3-3, 0-0-1 MAC) 2-2 Friday night at UB Stadium, after scoring two goals in with less than seven minutes remaining in regulation. Russell Cicerone, the team’s leading scorer, scored his sixth goal of the season with 12 seconds remaining in the game off of a penalty kick. Sophomore defender Austin Place scored the Bulls’ first goal with 6:37 remaining to cut the Broncos’ lead to 2-1.

The Bulls go on the road to play Lafayette (4-6-2, 1-3-0 Patriot League) Tuesday and return to conference play against Bowling Green (9-3-0, 0-1-0 MAC) Saturday in Ohio. Tuesday’s match is set for 6 p.m.

Women’s soccer (8-2-3, 4-0-2 MAC)

The Bulls did not lose a game this weekend, but they also didn’t win one. Buffalo had two draws, tying Western Michigan (8-3-1, 2-1-1 MAC) 1-1 on Sunday at UB Stadium after a scoreless draw against Northern Illinois (5-7-2, 3-1-2 MAC) on the road Friday.

Junior midfielder Megan Abman put the Bulls ahead 1-0 Sunday, scoring her second goal of the season off sophomore midfielder Kassidy Kidd’s pass. Broncos’ senior midfielder Ariana Donahue tied the game at one with 23 minutes remaining in regulation.

The Bulls head to Central Michigan (3-10-1, 1-5-0 MAC) Friday and Toledo (4-7-1, 1-3 MAC) Sunday. Friday’s match is set for 4 p.m.

Volleyball (13-7, 3-3 MAC)

After sweeping Akron (8-13, 2-4 MAC) Thursday with a three-set victory, Buffalo lost in four sets against Ball State (11-8, 5-1 MAC) Saturday at home.

The Bulls went on a 13-2 run after trailing 17-12 in the second set of their match against Akron. Freshman libero Niki Bozinoski scored the final two points of the set on two straight aces.

Junior outside hitter Tahleia Bishop returned to the lineup Saturday after missing the team’s previous three games. Buffalo was unable to win in Bishop’s first game back.

The Bulls return to the road this weekend, playing Western Michigan (12-7, 4-2 MAC) Friday and Northern Illinois (13-7, 6-0 MAC) Saturday. Friday’s match is set for 7 p.m.

email: sports@ubspectrum.com