Weekend in Buffalo

For the young bohemian:

What:First Friday and jazz happy hour

Where:Albright-Knox Art Gallery (Knox Building), 1285 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo

When:10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Every first Friday of the month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery opens its Knox Building to the public for free. The building was built in 1962 and houses some of the gallery's most impressive pieces, such as Andy Warhol's "100 Cans," Jackson Pollock's "Convergence" and Henri Matisse's "La Musique." Starting at 5:30 p.m., visitors can head to the AK Caf?(c) for drink specials and live jazz music courtesy of the Bates/White Project. The music will end at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy the atmosphere and be sure to browse the collection before heading out to your favorite hipster bar on Elmwood for the night.

For the bros and lady-bros:

What: Super Bowl Sunday

Where: Brick House Tavern & Tap, 4120 Maple Rd, Amherst

When: All Day

If you have a pulse and live in the United States, chances are you're aware that the 47th annual Super Bowl is this coming Sunday and you've already solidified your plans. But if somehow the upcoming sports holiday has eluded you, fear not: Brick House Tavern & Tap has your back. The bar will be serving $2 domestic drafts, $1 Pabst Blue Ribbons and $5 appetizers all day, so you won't ever have to worry about making a food or drink run and missing a game-changing play. Just remember to drink and eat responsibly because nothing can spoil your team's win like a bellyache and a hangover.

For those willing to loosen their vocal chords:

What: Karaoke 'Kompetition'

Where: OHM Ultra Lounge, 948 Main St., Buffalo

When: Friday, 10 p.m. - Close

OHM Ultra Lounge is holding a karaoke competition every first Friday of the month. It's also your last chance to qualify for a spot in the March competition of former champions. For those too afraid to let loose who need some liquid courage, take advantage of the $2 domestic beers and well-drink specials, as well as two-for-one shots. Drink early, drink often and don't forget to bring your best Journey impression with you.

For those looking for a good laugh:

What: Brian Posehn at Helium Comedy Club

Where: Helium Comedy Club, 30 Mississippi St, Buffalo

When: Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

If you're looking to laugh your ass off, Helium Comedy is the place to be. The recently opened comedy club has had a bevy of funny men and women grace its stage, including Rob Schneider, D.L. Hughley, Tammy Pescatelli and many more. This weekend, Brian Posehn, who has starred in The Sarah Silverman Program and has had guest appearances on Conan, will be there to bring his humor to Buffalo. If you can't make it downtown, he'll also be stopping by Queen City Bookstore on Main Street this Saturday at 1 p.m.

Email: arts@ubpsectrum.com