Six attacked in separate incidents in the Heights

UB Students are identified as victims of the attacks

Two males were beaten and robbed, one was held at knifepoint and three females were assaulted in three separate incidents early Saturday morning in the University Heights.

According to University Police Chief Gerald Schoenle, all the victims were UB students.

The first incident happened at 1 a.m. when two male suspects approached two males on Winspear Avenue and punched one of the victims in the mouth. The victim fell to the ground, hit his head and lost consciousness, according to The Buffalo News. The two robbers then took $40, a cell phone, an ATM card and a UB student ID card from the victim's pockets.

The other victim was punched in the face but nothing was stolen from him.

The suspects fled in a black Chevrolet Suburban, according to The News.

Another robbery happened approximately an hour later on Main Street and Lisbon Avenue.

A male suspect left his bronze-colored Chevrolet Blazer and approached the victim with a knife. The suspect ordered the victim to hand over his belongings. He searched the victim's pockets and wallet, stole an iPhone, went back into his vehicle and sped north on Main Street, according to The News.

UPD said in a third incident, three female victims were assaulted after one had her cell phone stolen at a house party when they confronted the suspect.

Schoenle said no one was seriously hurt in any of the matters.

"These all seemed to have some relationship to students and house parties in the Heights," Schoenle said in an email.

Buffalo Police Spokesman Michael DeGeorge did not respond to The Spectrum'srequest for more information by the time of press.