Trey Anastasio of Phish to release Traveler

Funk master, stash-holder and New York Philharmonic frequenter Trey Anastasio, has more than a few compositions to his name (including 152 Phish songs).

Those who have been to a Phish show or two have experienced the silly man in the red beard on the stage jumping around on a trampoline or laying down a particularly nasty "You Enjoy Myself." And if you've stayed away from the hippie crack, the brown acid, and what the guy in the tie-dye van is advertising as "molly" you might have actually come to this concert to experience the music. And in this case, chances are, you're one of those people who listen to Trey's work extensively.

Well my jammy friends, the excitement for a new album by this improv mogul peaked last week when he announced his next solo album Traveler. This album will be released on Rubber Jungle Records/ATO Records on Oct. 16. Pre-orders are available now via Trey's store and Phish Dry Goods.

The Trey Anastasio Band has been the main premise for his solo albums, so we can certainly expect the dectet's involvement in this upcoming adventure. Alto sax, trumpet, tuba and trombone - yes please! The album was co-produced with Peter Katis (The National, Interpol, Jonsi), who apparently invited many special guests on the album including Mates of State's Kori Gardner, The National's Bryan Devendorf and Matt Berninger, Rob Moose and Icelandic percussionist Samuli Kosminen, according to a press release from Trey Anastasio last week. This collaboration fever may add a new element previously unheard from previous solo works.

We'll see what Trey's next tube will be.