Eating Around Campus

One amazing aspect of UB is the choice of dining places throughout the campus. Whether it's a sandwich, a roll of sushi, a burrito, or just a coffee - there's enough variety to not only never get tired of eating the same old foods day in, day out, but also satisfy whatever your taste buds are craving.

Putnam's

Accepts:Meal Exchange, Dining Dollars, Campus Cash, credit card, and cash

Location:First floor of the Student Union

Putnam's is a one-stop food destination and a must visit for all freshmen. Home to Edgy Veggies (for those students who favor salads), a place to get sandwiches and wraps, a burger station, and a place to grab a slice of pizza. Putnam's has a bit of everything.

Moe's Southwest Grill

Location:First floor of Student Union

Moe's is a new addition to the Student Union and a popular one. The line is almost always at least a 10-minute wait because the food is delicious - if it's burritos, quesadillas, or nachos that you're in the mood for. Be sure to try to the queso with the chips they give you.

Tim Hortons

Accepts:Meal Exchange, Dining Dollars, Campus Cash, and cash

Location:First floor of Student Union, Jacobs Management Center

If you're new to the Buffalo area, then you've probably never heard of Tim Hortons before but think of it as the Dunkin' Donuts of UB. You'll see them all over Buffalo, so if you're looking for a cheap cup of coffee, or a breakfast food, Tim Hortons is the right destination.

Berts

Location:Talbert Hall

Berts is similar to Putnam's, but located on the other side of North Campus near Natural Sciences Complex. There's a sandwich shop, a grill, as well as pizza, a burrito station, and a salad bar.

NY Deli and Diner

Location:Talbert Hall

NY Deli and Diner is located right next to Bert's and is the only completely kosher deli on North Campus. They offer: "Kosher foods prepared under the rabbinical supervision of the Va'ad," according to myubcard.com. But not just that, NY Deli and Diner offers food like falafel, hummus, and many vegan or vegetarian foods as well.

Pistachios

Location:Second floor of Student Union

Once school starts, you'll notice Pistachios as the place with the line that goes all the way out of the doors on the second floor of the Student Union and crowds the walkway. At first, you might wonder why people are waiting so long, but then you'll stand in line and eat Pistachios' pasta for the first time and you'll understand. There are two different sections to Pistachios: Bravo Pasta and The Bread Box Deli. At the former you'll find pasta dishes like chicken broccoli alfredo and penne vodka, and at the latter you can order specialty sandwiches and paninis. Make sure that you're not on a tight schedule when you head there because it's likely that you'll be in for a long wait.

Harriman Cafe

Accepts:Meal Exchange, Dining Dollars, Campus Cash, credit card, and xash

Located: Harriman Hall

Harriman Hall is one of the few eating establishments located on South Campus, other than the Goodyear dining hall. Similar to Putnam's and Berts, Harriman Caf?(c) features a sandwich and wrap station, a grill, a pizza bar, as well as a make-it-yourself salad bar.

In The Commons

Three Brothers Burgers

Accepts:Campus Cash, credit card, and cash

Recently added to The Commons, Three Brothers is the new resident burger joint after replacing Burger King. Unlike its predecessor, Three Brothers isn't a chain restaurant but a family run establishment that serves up burgers, hotdogs, and fries for those students wishing to satisfy their fast food needs.

Subway

It's just like any other Subway - eat fresh. So if you want to eat something familiar, head on over.

Dancing Chopsticks

Dancing Chopsticks is the new Japanese food restaurant on campus, selling everything from bento boxes, to shrimp tempura, to sushi. Their menu is extensive; the food is reasonably priced for being situated in The Commons and the bubble tea is a great addition to any of their meals.

Jonny C's

Jonny C's serves some of the best breakfast sandwiches on campus, as well as other deli regulars (cold cuts, specialty sandwiches, salads, French fries). The food at Jonny C's is reasonably priced - especially their breakfast - and they open at 7:30 a.m., the perfect time for a meal after studying all night.

Korean Express

Accepts:Campus Cash, credit Card, and cash

Korean food is among the variety of styles in The Commons. Ramen, egg, rice cakes, seaweed or sushi; Korean Express offers unique yet still delicious food for students looking to expand their culinary palate.

Rachel's

Rachel's serves Mediterranean food - Slouvaki's, Gyro's - along with Lebanese food - Lebneh, Shawarma (you know, the food Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers ate after saving the world). Rachel's also makes chicken fingers, for those looking to try a new restaurant without having to try new food.

La Rosa

La Rosa is the Italian restaurant in The Commons and one of the only places that serves a variety of pizza slices. Instead of just getting a plain or pepperoni pizza, try one of their specialty pies.