TREND WATCH

Scarf It Over

Fall is quickly approaching and while it may be too soon to bundle up in thick sweaters and jackets just yet, a scarf is the perfect accessory to stay warm and look good.

With scarves come variety, and not just in the color, design or fabric. The ways to wear them are multiple, ensuring a kick to any outfit.

Dress your outfit up with print, fringe or tassel scarves. The bold patterns and bright colors will perk up a chilly day. Animal print scarves are growing in popularity; animal print is a big trend alert, so why not try it out with a scarf? Or, you can try a thicker, knit scarf to keep warm. The texture and volume will keep things interesting.

The best thing about scarves is that there is a style for everyone. Scarves are an easy way to express more of your personality through your clothing.

Don't be afraid to play with them either. Tie both ends together to make a circle and wrap it around your neck twice for a very stylish touch. Or start from the front of your neck and wrap it around, leaving the rest hanging down in the front for a different look. The classic one side thrown over the shoulder will never get old. While it's okay to try new things too, like the bandana look, forming an upside-down triangle in the front.

They are lightweight, affordable, and make the biggest difference to an ordinary look. Throw it on top of a plain colored shirt to make your outfit more exciting or over a leather jacket for a rocker-chic look. They are so effortless and yet instant fashion and that's why we love them.

Who:

Ally Abrams

Junior exercise science major

Wear:

H&M

How:

Ally started wrapping her scarf at the front of her neck, wrapped it around once, and left the ends hanging for a carefree look.

Who:

Amanda Sullivan

Graduate school student

Wear:

Her grandmother – proving that a scarf, no matter its age or look never goes out of style.

How: The classic scarf move of folding it in half, wrapping it around your neck, and pulling it through the loop.

Who:

Sara Ogurek

Sophomore biomedical sciences major

Wear:

Urban Outfitters

How: To achieve this trendy scarf look, shape your scarf into a U-shape and knot it at the back of your neck to create a circle and voila.