The Boys are Back

Artist: The Beastie Boys

Album: Hot Sauce Committee Part Two

Label: Capitol

Release Date: May 3

Grade: B+

It has been 24 years since The Beastie Boys crashed the party, but with their new album, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, the boys show that they still have the mojo that garnered them fame over the past two plus decades.

Hot Sauce Committee Part Two is the band's first album in four years. After a serious delay due to MCA's health, the boys from Brooklyn are ready to unleash their eighth studio album on the world.

The opening track, "Make Some Noise," leads in with a funky beat that gives way for the Beastie Boys to make their triumphant return. If there was any doubt that the boys might have lost the spark, they make sure to extinguish those reservations within the first minute.

The hook of the song pays homage to their debut album, Licensed to Ill. The group took the hook from "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!)" and tweaked it for a modern political twist.

"We got a party on the left, a party on the right/ We gonna party for the mother******* right to fight/ Make some noise if you're with me," the trio shouts.

The beats on Hot Sauce Committee Part Two are infectious as ever and would not be out of place on a trip-hop album.

One of the best tracks, "Too Many Rappers," is also the first single of the album. The song calls out all the rappers that don't emcee. Nas does guest vocals on the track and insults rappers who are just posers trying to make some money.

"Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win" sports a reggae beat that is sure to give any person the sudden urge to move along. When guest vocalist Santigold injects her soulful vocals, she gives the song a soothing feel.

While the flow of The Beastie Boys could carry the album alone, the highlight of the album is the beats. Not only is every beat just as memorable as the one before, but each song transitions into the next beautifully, making the album as a whole flow well.

Throughout the album, The Beastie Boys' flow demonstrates that they have not lost it and are still on top of the rap world. While the members are all in their mid-40s, their ability to spit out the lyrics is still one of the best in the industry.