Scouting Baylor

2010 Record: 1-0

2009 Record: 4-8 (1-7, Big 12)

Last Meeting: Sept. 22, 2007

Baylor- 34 Buffalo- 21

Three Bears to watch…

QB- Robert Griffin III – Baylor's leader can beat a team with his feet and his arm. He makes great decisions with the football and can win a game single-handedly. Griffin is coming off a knee injury but has shown no signs of being hampered by it. Stopping him will be the number one priority in the Bulls' defensive gameplan.

TE- Brad Taylor – The senior provides a perfect outlet for Griffin in the passing game. He is a former quarterback and knows where to be to provide Griffin with a safety valve. The Bears have talented wide receivers, but the Bulls must pay attention to Taylor or he could repeat his 69-yard, one touchdown performance from last week.

DE- Tevin Elliot – Elliot is still just a backup freshman, but he looked dominant against Sam Houston St., and could cause havoc for the Buffalo running game. He recorded eight tackles against the Bearkats, two of which were for a loss. The self-proclaimed "Terminator" hopes to see even more action against the Bulls after his solid performance last week.

Buffalo will win if … The team can force turnovers and run the ball. Last week was a clear indication that the Bulls can throw the pigskin, even if it was against Rhode Island. The key to winning, especially on the road, is displaying a balanced attack. If the defense can force Griffin into a mistake and if the offense can capitalize, the Bulls could leave Texas with their second straight win.

Baylor will win if … The Bears' spread offense is better than the Bulls'. Griffin has to be the best quarterback on the field and lead his team. If he is able to put up points, the fan's energy in Floyd Casey Stadium should be enough for the Bears to earn a non-conference victory.

Predictions

This game will be closer than people expect. The Bulls seem to be focused and mentally prepared to compete on the big stage. Of course, saying it and doing it are two completely different things. Freshman running back Branden Oliver has to break out in the game and give the Bulls some production in the running game. In the end, however, I think Griffin will be too much for the Bulls, and carry his team to victory in front of a 40,000-plus Texas crowd.

Bears 34 Bulls 28

Matthew Parrino | Senior Sports Editor

This is the week of answering questions. Were Jerry Davis' and the wide receivers' dazzling performances aberrations? Will the running game step up? Despite all the uncertainties regarding Buffalo, one thing remains assured about this game: Robert Griffin III will give the Buffalo defense fits. Buffalo must provide pressure and the defensive backs must play to their capabilities if the Bulls are to stifle Griffin. Buffalo is still a team facing obstacles in regards to adjusting to a new game plan and scheme. I'd be a lot more confident about the team's chances if this game was in late October.

Bears 31, Bulls 17

David Sanchirico | Managing Editor