Spiraling into a world of Perfect Symmetry

Hailing from Battle, England, the three-man entourage of Keane recently released their third album for adoring fans to swoon and croon over.

Established in the mid 1990s, "the band with no guitars" finally made their way out of the shadows of other UK rock greats and into the limelight with their debut album, Hopes And Fears, in 2004.

A strong follow-up in 2006 by way of Under The Iron Sea dispelled criticism of Keane as Coldplay imitators, due to similar piano rock styles.

Perfect Symmetry offers similarity to their previous work yet clearly shows where Keane has tastefully embraced a pop element unlike their past albums.

Equipped with 11 mystifying tracks guaranteed to keep your attention from start to finito, Perfect Symmetry proves itself to be worthwhile easy listening.

"Spiraling," the first single, along with a track entitled "Perfect Symmetry," are two songs that specifically deal with the malarkey that life has to offer.

In addition to the ills of life, Perfect Symmetry offers a personal message on songs like "Better Than This" and "Pretend That You're Alone" that discuss human evolution creatively.

"And love is just our way of looking out for ourselves/ When we don't want to live alone/ So step into the vacuum, tear off your clothes/ And be born again," sings front man Tom Chaplin.

The band adopts the use of a synthesizer at various points throughout the album. On "You Haven't Told Me Anything," Keane embraces their classic sound.

The track is just another page in Keane's book of love that listeners will find all too familiar.

"Everything I love is stuck in the mud/ Stuck in the mud, stuck in a rut/ Not a piece in your puzzle or a paper cut/ So same time next week/ Kiss on the cheek, kiss on the cheek," sings Chaplin.

Comprised of Tim Rice-Oxley (piano, composer), Tom Chaplin (lead vocals) and Richard Hughes (drums), Keane can be compared to the likes of The Fray and even rock legends Oasis.

It is more than clear that Keane has finally reached a perfect symmetry.