"Attitude still the same, Curtis is now his name"

When 50 Cent finally emerged from a long stay in the hip-hop underground back into the mainstream in 2001, he proudly proclaimed that he was the best. Whether or not that's true, it is clear that 50's money is right and he has no problem staying true to the club/street-banger sound and the message that others have seemingly grown out of.

This cocky demeanor of being the cream of the hip-hop crop continues to run rampant throughout his new album, aptly titled Curtis in response to his ongoing feud with fellow MC Cam'Ron, in which the Diplomat recently poked fun at Curtis Jackson being 50's real name.

Curtis won't disappoint loyal fans but it will more than likely discourage new ones. While singles such as I Get Money and the Justin Timberlake-fused Ayo Technology may catch new listeners' attention, these tracks are mild in comparison to the violence and raunchiness that dominates the rest of the release.

50's easily recognizable format, present in past albums, consists mostly of tracks dedicated to hardcore rap and gangster life, depicting the rough path that Mr. Jackson once traveled.

This isn't anything remotely close to new territory. The lyrics are more of a backdrop to the heavy gangster beats and rhythms that can easily be traced back to Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

I'll Still Kill is a street anthem featuring R&B superstar Akon, in which the two make it clear that even though they're celebrities, if it comes down to it, they'll still kill if need be.

Another aspect present in Curtis is the arrogance that 50 Cent emits, heard vividly on Come & Go.

"They can't do it how I do it/I'm number one I knew it/I do my thing and gangstas bop to it/It's hit after hit, damn I'm on a roll/I'm like James Brown now, man I got soul," 50 Cent sings.

Incorporating something for the ladies, 50 Cent sets out to please all. On the sultry track Amusement Park, which holds a similarity to older tunes 21 Questions and Candy Shop, 50 puts a sexy visual all up in your peripheral.

"If you wanna ride on the roller coaster, come on and ride," 50 Cent sings.

50 Cent pours on the charm, politely asking the listener to take a ride that may seem all too familiar, banking that pure charisma is enough to get prospective fans to hop aboard.