Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Israel stands to benefit from war in Iraq

This letter is a response to the letter to the editor published in your Nov. 10 issue ("Protest not meant as disrespect to armed forces").

Rather than disprove the author's conspiracy theory, I will present a considerably more truthful theory as to who stands to gain from the Iraq war.

Whether Saddam Hussein was merely developing or already had WMDs is not that important, but what matters more is that they were no direct danger to the US at any point in time. If they were then Pakistan, Iran, North Korea and a host of other countries would need to be invaded right away.

The main target for Iraqi WMDs as well as the main instigator of the present war is not us, it is Israel, or more precisely the transnational Zionist lobbies.

While Iraqi missiles could have not made it across the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean for years, they could have easily been capable of hitting all of Israel within a few years' time. As the Zionist lobby in the US has had a great deal of influence over our foreign policy for decades, it is easy to see why it was far more expedient for Israel to motivate the US to take care of their problem instead of starting a war that could easily spell the end for the Zionists' dreams. Many architects of the present war either are Zionists or are strong supporters of special interest groups such as AIPAC. The conclusion is obvious.

Since 1973, the US government has spent billions of dollars on arming Israel with everything from automatic weapons to nuclear missiles. As a recent report by Professors Mearsheimer and Walt conclusively proved, there is no rational incentive for this.

So all I can say to UB Anti-War is this: If you hate the war, don't fight patriotic Americans or capitalists, oppose Zionists and their allies such as the Council on Foreign Relations. Once they are unable to use our resources, you'll have your increased minimum wage and all your other reasonable concerns come true in no time.