Skip to Content, Navigation, or Footer.
Logo of The Spectrum
Tuesday, July 05, 2022
The independent student publication of The Unversity at Buffalo, since 1950

Power Outage Results in Fire at Young Chow


A small fire was reported around 2 p.m. Friday afternoon at Young Chow, the Chinese restaurant located in the Commons.

Dave, the Young Chow manager on duty at the time, who would not give his last name, said the fire began when a candle, lit because the restaurant was without power, fell off the service counter, igniting a piece of paper on the floor.

University Police officials could not be reached for comment Sunday.

The Young Chow manager said that after fire personnel shut off the sprinkler system and University Police surveyed the scene, the restaurant closed for the day around 2:30 p.m.

No damage was reported and the restaurant opened Saturday morning for business as usual.




Support your local paper
Donate Today
The Spectrum has been covering the University at Buffalo since 1950, your donation today could help #SaveStudentNewsrooms. Please consider giving today.
Comments


Popular




Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2022 The Spectrum