Halloween Prank Ends in Flames



Last Monday, a group of UB students played a Halloween prank that resulted in a friend's car catching on fire and singeing other vehicles parked nearby.

The group toilet papered the car, parked in the Fargo lot, and left the scene. Later that same night, the paper caught on fire and left the vehicle charred. Two other vehicles parked nearby were damaged in the blaze.

The Getzville Fire Department was called and extinguished the fire. According to John Grela, director of University Police, the department believes a passerby may have started the toilet paper on fire.

"At this point in time ... it's still in investigation," said Grela.