NFL Suspends Play Through Sunday

After two days of constant contemplation, the National Football League has cancelled all football games previously scheduled for this Sunday.

"We in the National Football League have decided that our priorities for this weekend are to pause, grieve, and reflect. It is a time to tend to families and neighbors and all those wounded by these horrific acts of terrorism," said NFL officials in a prepared statement.

No definite decision has been issued on whether to reschedule this weekend's contests, or eliminate them completely and reduce the teams' schedules to 15 games.

"We understand those individuals in sports who want to play this weekend," stated league officials.

Sources around the league backed the decision, and offered prayer for those involved in the tragedy.

"What has happened to this country is bigger than all of us. I feel that it's time for all of us to step back from our day-to-day lives, pray for all Americans and thank God we live in this great country," stayed Chargers President Dean Spanos.

"As we remember those who have suffered a loss, we must also support and pray for our nation's leaders and all of our military personnel. Our country needs all of its people to come together in full support of our leadership and of our military forces in this critical time," stated Jaguars Head Coach Tom Coughlin.