Fall sports watchlist

The best UB games to see this season

Volleyball - Saturday, Sept. 23 - The Bulls vs The Ohio Bobcats

The first conference game of the season The Bulls will take on last season’s third ranked MAC team, the Bobcats. The game will serve as a test to see if the Bulls have moved on from last year’s poor outcome. The start time is 6:00 p.m.

Volleyball - Friday, Oct. 13 - The Bulls vs The Northern Illinois Huskies

On the unluckiest day of the year, the Bulls will take on top MAC contenders from last season, the Huskies. The Huskies only lost one regular season conference game last year and had only six losses in total. The start time is 6:00 p.m.

Soccer - Saturday, Aug. 26 - The Bulls vs The Ohio State Buckeyes (Away)

This road matchup against the Buckeyes happens right before the school year starts and will perhaps be the toughest non-conference game for the Bulls. The Buckeyes will come into the season having lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament to West Virginia. With no set-in-stone way to watch the 7 p.m. game yet, it’s hard to say if it can be watched from Buffalo, but if the game is streamed by the Buckeyes or ESPN, ubbulls.com will have a link.

Soccer - Sunday, Sept. 3 - The Bulls vs The Youngstown State University Penguins

The home opener for the soccer team will be against the Penguins with a start time of 7 p.m. The Penguins will come in having gone 3-12-2 in the regular season last year. The non-conference game will be their fourth of the season and will be played at UB stadium.

Football - Saturday, Sept. 9 - The Bulls vs The Army West Point Knights (Away)

In a rematch of the Bulls’ most thrilling game from last season, the Knights will seek revenge for their 23-20 overtime loss. This time, the game will be at Michie Stadium in West Point, New York. The game will be made available through CBSSN and will start at 12 p.m.

Football - Saturday, Sept. 16 - The Bulls vs The Colgate Raiders

In the home opener and third game of the season, the Bulls will take on the Raiders starting at 6 p.m. The Raiders come into the season having gone 5-5 last year. The game will also involve a Tailgate Concert Series performance from Jana Kramer. The game will be broadcasted on ESPN3.

Football - Saturday, Oct. 7 - The Bulls vs The Western Michigan Broncos

This MAC conference matchup comes against the Broncos who were a powerhouse in the MAC last season going undefeated in conference games. Last season the Bulls lost 38-0 in an away to the Broncos. The game will also be the annual homecoming game with a Tailgate Concert Series performance from Better Than Ezra. The game will be at UB Stadium starting at 3:30 p.m. during parents’ weekend.

Soccer - Sunday, Oct. 8 - The Bulls vs The Kent State Golden Flashes

This key conference game has the Bulls up against last year's MAC conference champions the Golden Flashes. The game will also be the 6th conference game for the Bulls who are looking to become a top team in the MAC. The game will be held at UB Stadium starting at 12 p.m.

Football - Friday, Nov. 24 - The Bulls vs The Ohio State Bobcats

Coming the day after Thanksgiving, this MAC conference matchup will be the season closer for the Bulls. The Bobcats are coming off a solid season having gone 6-2 in the MAC. The game will be a rematch from a road game last season where the Bulls lost 38-10. If being home seems like a possible watching issue, the game will be broadcasted on ESPNU, ESPN3 and CBSSN with no set time yet.

Thomas Zafonte is a senior sports editor and can be reached at thomas.zafonte@ubspectrum.com

THOMAS ZAFONTE

Thomas Zafonte is a senior English major. He is a UB sports fan and enjoys traveling around Buffalo. 

Tom.jpg