Former Bull Dyaisha Fair drafted by WNBA’s Las Vegas Aces

Fair played for UB from 2019-22 before transferring to Syracuse

<p>Dyaisha Fair playing for UB in 2022.</p>

Dyaisha Fair playing for UB in 2022.

Former UB guard Dyaisha Fair was selected No. 16 overall by the two-time defending champion Las Vegas Aces in the WNBA Draft Monday night. She finished her college career as the third-leading scorer in women’s NCAA Division I history with 3,403 points.

The 5’5” Rochester, New York native played for UB from 2019-22, scoring 2,035 points in 88 games over three seasons. During her time in Buffalo, she earned accolades including Mid-American Conference (MAC) Freshman of the Year, First Team All-MAC and MAC Tournament MVP.

She transferred to Syracuse ahead of the 2022-23 season, following UB head coach Felisha Legette-Jack to the Orange. In two seasons at Syracuse, she played 65 games and scored 1,368 points. She was named a third-team Associated Press All American in 2023-24 after averaging 22.3 points on a Syracuse team that went 24-8 (13-5 ACC) and lost in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Monday’s draft will go down as the most impactful WNBA Draft to date with college superstars like Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese and Cameron Brink entering the professional ranks. Fair joins a Las Vegas team that also selected college standouts Kate Martin (Iowa, No. 18) and Elizabeth Kitley (Virginia Tech, No. 24). 

Ryan Tantalo is the managing editor and can be reached at ryan.tantalo@ubspectrum.com

RYAN TANTALO
tantalo-2023

Ryan Tantalo is the managing editor of The Spectrum. He previously served as senior sports editor. Outside of the newsroom, Ryan spends his time announcing college hockey games, golfing, skiing and reading.