Monday, April 29, 2024

11 UB graduate programs get high marks in this year’s U.S. News & World Report rankings

Pharmacy school ranks 19th best in nation; MBA program is best among SUNY schools, U.S. News and World Report says

Research labs and classrooms in UB's Pharmacy building. UB's Pharmacy program was ranked as the 19th best pharmacy school in the 2024 U.S. News & World Report.

The U.S. News & World Report placed 11 of UB’s 372 graduate and professional programs near the top of its annual rankings of 800 institutions.

“Overall, UB graduate programs again did very well in the U.S. News rankings, which is a reflection of the outstanding education they provide students and their excellent reputation nationally,” UB spokesperson John Della Contrada wrote in an email statement to The Spectrum. 

The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences was ranked 19th in the country.  

UB’s Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) program placed 74th in the “Best Business School” category, making it the highest ranked business school in the SUNY system.

The Graduate School of Education was ranked 54th in the nation, up four spots from last year.

The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences placed 76th in the “Best Medical Schools (Research)” category, tying with the University of Arkansas and the University of Oklahoma.

The Doctoral Nursing Practice program, administered by the School of Nursing, placed 34th in the nation, up 11 spots from last year’s rankings.

UB’s Speech-Language Pathology MA program was named 32nd best in the nation, tying with Michigan State University, Northeastern University, the University of Cincinnati, the University of Delaware, the University of Utah and Syracuse University.

Sarah Owusu is an assistant news editor and can be reached at sarah.owusu@ubspectrum.com  

SARAH OWUSU
sarah-owusu.jpg

Sarah Owusu is an assistant news editor at The Spectrum. In her free time she enjoys reading, baking, music and talking politics (yes, shockingly). She'll also be her own hairdresser when she needs a change.