Volleyball gets swept by Bowling Green

The Bulls are now 7th place with one game left before MAC tournament

<p>The Bulls now sit at 12-5 in conference play.</p>

The Bulls now sit at 12-5 in conference play.

Women’s volleyball (22-7, 12-5 MAC) lost both road contests against Bowling Green (16-12, 10-7 MAC) this weekend by scores of 3-1 and 3-0. The team now sits in seventh place in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) but is in first place in the Eastern Division.

In Friday’s matchup, the Bulls won the first set 25-23 but were outclassed in the other three by scores of 25-12, 25-18 and 25-19. 

Despite the loss, senior Katrin Trebichavska, fifth-year middle Courtney Okwara and junior setter Mandy Leigh performed admirably. 

Trebichavska led the team with 14 kills, and Okwara led with five blocks. Mandy Leigh added another 29 assists to her season total of 1,145. 

In Saturday’s matchup, the Bulls got swept 3-0 by scores of 25-16, 25-23, and 22-25. It was a better battle compared to Friday’s score but the sweep will be all that is remembered. 

Trebichavska once again led the team with 10 kills, two aces and seven digs with Mandy Leigh having 25 assists and one ace. Freshman Tehya Shaw saw the court for the first time this season and led the team with four blocks.  

The Bulls (22-7, 12-5 MAC) will close out the regular season against Akron (13-15, 8-9 MAC) in Ohio before the MAC Tournament begins on Nov. 18 in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  

Michael Scotto is a sports editor and can be reached at michael.scotto@ubspectrum.com

MICHAEL P. SCOTTO
michael-scotto.jpg

Michael Scotto is an assistant sports editor for The Spectrum. In his free time he's either playing volleyball or catching up on sports.